𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎

"Mrs. Lodge, I'm gonna take out the trash."

"Okay, sweetheart. Be careful." I nod and gather up the trash. I make my way to the back and throw the trash in the bins before making my way back. I hear Mrs. Lodge scream and I run inside.

"Anna stay back." She backs away from the box and I slowly walked around the box. I heard the rattle and I quickly put the top back on. The snake strikes the box and I back away.

"I'm so sorry Anna."

"Why are you sorry." I ask confused.

"I didn't want to put any of you guys in danger."

"What deal did you have with the Serpents."

"How did you know."

"The only person who would leave a message like this would be the Serpents."

"My husband owes them money. They did a job for him."

"Call Mr. Andrews." I stand up and go change.

When I come out she was on the phone with him.

"He's on his way." I nod and grab my things.

"Where are you going."

"To go talk to them.

"You can't go to them they are dangerous."

"I know, just stay here.

"Thank you for your help Anna."

"No problem. Also a word of advice to you and your husband. You shouldn't step on a snake unless your willing to get bit." I walk out to my car and drive to the Wrym.
***
I walk into the Whyte Wrym focused on finding FP. Everyone stared at me and SweetPea walks over to me and I look over at him.

"Don't, I'm already pissed off." He moves and I walk over to where FP was sitting. I stand there with my arms crossed and FP looks up at me with a smile. His smile slowly fades when he see's my facial expressions.

"Anna."

"I don't appreciate the Serpents putting a venomous snake into my diner especially while I'm working."

"We didn't know you were working there tonight."

"This is getting ridiculous, I don't care how much the Lodges owe you. Stop acting like children and settle it like grown adults. Instead of doing odd jobs for a petty criminal. Get off your drunk ass and find yourself a job." I walk out and go to my car. I get in and lean my head against the seat. I take in a deep breath and slowly let it out.

My passenger door opens and I look over to see SweetPea. He gets in and looks at me.

"You okay."

"I'm fine." I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"They didn't know you were there."

"It still doesn't make it okay SweetPea."

"I know it doesn't but as Serpents that's what we do." He intertwines are hands and brings my hand up to his lips.

He kisses it and I close my eyes.

"Do you want to come over."

"I wish I could but I promised Cheryl, I would go to a sleepover she was having tonight before her brothers funeral in the morning."

"Ok. Text me then." I nod and he leans over and places his lips on mine.

"I'll talk to you later Anna." I hum and he pecks my lips again before leaving.