𝙸'𝚖 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚢

Fifth period came faster then I wanted it to. Even though I studied for this quiz, it didn't mean I wanted to take it. I feel a tug on my arm and turn to see Cheryl trying to pull me into the classroom.

"Jesus Cheryl, your going to rip my arm off."

"I need to tell you something that I haven't told anyone." She whispers as we sit down and I look at her confused.

"What's it about?"

"It's about Jason, and what I told you about him being gone." Someone clears their throat and we both look up. Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller were standing their and Cheryl stand up.

"You're here for me, aren't you? Because of the autopsy?"

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl."

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough." She puts her arms out so Sheriff Keller can cuff her and he shakes his head.

"Now, that won't be necessary."

"Wait, Cheryl, find out what?" I grab her arm and she looks back at me.

"That I'm guilty."

*Jughead's Narration*

As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.

𓆗𓆗𓆗

*Jughead's Narration*

Guilt, innocence. Good, evil. Life, death. As the shadows around Riverdale deepened, the lines that separated these polar opposites blurred and distorted.

"I'm guilty," Cheryl said in Biology class. But of what?

*Anna's*

I pulled the sheets from the computers and wiped away all the dust that has been collected over the years.

"If print journalism is dead, what am I doing here?" I look up and Jughead is standing in the door frame.

"The Blue and Gold isn't dead, Juggie. It's just dormant. But waking up." I smile and he walks in to sit down in one of the chairs.

"You're writing a novel, right? About Jason Blossom's murder?" Betty asks and he nods.

"I am. Riverdale's very own In Cold Blood." He holds up a magnifying glass and I giggle.

"Which started as a series of articles. I'm hoping you'll come to write for the Blue and Gold." Betty asks and I nod.

"I just don't think the school paper's the right fit for my voice." He says and I groan while stacking old articles.

"Juggie... Jason's death changed Riverdale. People don't want to admit that, but it's true. We all feel it. Nothing this bad was ever supposed to happen here, but it did. I want to know why." Betty says and Jug sighs.

"Would I get complete freedom?"

"We'll help, and edit... And suggest. But it's your story, it's your voice." I say and he gives me a playful glare.

"Doesn't sound like complete freedom, but... I'm in."

"Yay." I clap my hand together and so does Betty.

"Okay great! Um, in that case, I have your first assignment."

"There's one person who was at the river on July 4th that no one's talking about." I lean against the desk and a smile creeps up on Jugs face.

"Dilton Doiley and his Scouts."

"Exactly."