𝚁𝚎𝚋𝚎𝚕 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎

I put my things away in my locker and close it up only to meet Archie's light brown eyes.

"Hey Arch!" He pulls me off into an empty classroom and I look over at him confused.

"What's going on?"

"You could have given me a heads up about telling Betty." I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

"I haven't told Betty anything Arch. I swear. When did she talk to you."

"At Pop's yesterday. She basically said what you said to me."

"I swear Archie, I didn't say a word to her about you and Mrs. Grundy. I told you we found out from Dilton that Grundy was there okay. I just talked to you first."

"Okay, but next time can you give me a head up if she tries anything else before so I can stop her."

"Of course Arch but I don't know when Betty is going to do something crazy. She usually does it without saying anything."

"Okay." The bell rings and I smile.

"I'll see you in class."

I walk out of the classroom and go to Biology. I sit down in my seat and Veronica walks over and smiles.

"You going to the drive-in tonight." I nod.

"Do you want to go with me and Kevin?"

"I'm actually going with..."

"Mr. Handsome." She cuts me off and I smile.

"Yup. We decided to make it a whole thing."

"Date night with your beau, I like it. Well you too have fun but I want details on how it goes." She smiles and walks away.

𓆗𓆗𓆗

I look through my closet trying to find something to wear. I never thought it would be this hard to try and find an outfit to wear for a casual date to the drive-in. I didn't know if I should wear something comfortable and casual or if I should dress up but not to much. I was all over the place, I'm trying to understand why I'm so nervous. We've been on a date before but that was more casual and in the spur of the moment. I contemplated on calling Veronica to come and help me.

"Mom!" I call for her and she comes walking in.

"What is it sweetheart?"

"I don't know what to wear, I mean I want to dress cute but then it's the drive-in and it might be cold and I've never had this issue before." I sit down on my bed and lay across it dramatically. She walks into my closet and starts to go through my clothes.

"Your overthinking it, how about this." She pulls some simple black leggings and a white tank top from my closet along with a dark grey cardigan.

"Cute, casual, and warm." She walks over and grabs my face into his hands.

"Your overthinking it Anna. It's just the drive-in, have fun." I nod and she leaves so I can get dressed. I do my hair and makeup when I hear Sweet Pea pull up. I look out my window and he parks, getting out of a truck. I quickly finish up before going downstairs and grabbing my purse.

I open the door and he already had his hand raised to knock. He lowers it and I smile.

"Hi."

"Hi baby. You look beautiful." I blush and I he moves closer kissing my cheek.

"You ready?" I nod and he grabs my hand.

"I'm leaving, I'll see you later."

"Alright, have fun." My mom yells from upstairs. I lock up and follow him to his truck.