𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚎𝚜

I walk down the hall and Betty, Archie and Veronica are running down the hall.

"Come on we have to go get Jug." Archie grabs my hand and we run down the hall.

"Where is he."

"Southside High." I get into my car and we speed down the road.

"Why would he go there."

"He said something about, that's where he belongs."

"He's pushing himself away from us."

I park at the school and we get out and run inside.

"Where would he be?"

"Cafeteria." We run in and he's sitting with the Serpents. Which gave me a little less anxiety because he was safe.

"Jug..." Betty says and the Serpent's all look up with Jughead.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to talk to you." Betty says and he gets up.

"Let's go talk outside." He gets up and goes with Betty, Archie, and Veronica.

"Anna you coming."

"In a minute."

I walk over with the Serpents and they all look at me.

"Keep him safe, please."

"Don't worry about it Jones. We'll watch over him."

"Thank you Andrew." I smile and give him a hug.

"I'll see you guys later." I walk out and I bump into a hard chest.

"Anna." I look up and smile.

"SweetPea." I smile and hug him. 

He grabs my hand and takes me to an empty classroom.

"What are you doing here."

"We came to get Jughead."

"I heard a Jones was walking around here somewhere." He smiles and leans down to kiss me.

I kiss him back and my phone starts to buzz.

"Hold on." I pull away and he groans.

Cheryl🌸: Thanks for trying. I'm going to be with Jason now.

"I need to go."

"What's wrong."

"It's Cheryl."

"Go, I'll see you later." He pecks my lips and I leave.

"Guys we need to go now."

"What's wrong."

"Cheryl, she said she was going to be with Jason."

"Oh, my God."

"Where would Cheryl go to be with Jason?"

"Sweetwater River."

"We have to go!"
***
"Cheryl?" We all yelled.

"She's not here." I heard banging and I run over to the lake.

"Over there!"

"Cheryl!"

"Cheryl, stop! What are you doing?" I call and she looks over at me. I go to run after her and Archie stops me.

"Wait, wait! Wait, Anna! The ice."

"He's right."

"Too much weight, and we'll all go under."

"Cheryl! Cheryl, please. Just come to the shore and we'll figure this out together, okay?" She sobbed and the next thing we saw was her fall in.

"No!" I run across the ice and we all yell for her.

"The current has her. Spread out, spread out!"  I take off my jacket and Archie looks over.

"Anna don't."

"I have to get her, look for something to break the ice." I dive into the freezing cold water and my body goes into shock but I fight it.

I swim to Cheryl and grab her by the waist. I push up on the ice but it wasn't budging. I start to panic and hit the ice but it still wouldn't break.

I couldn't hold my breath any longer and I started to fade. The muffled sounds of ice breaking filled my ears and I was pulled out of the water.

I gasp for air and Archie pulls me up while I'm still holding on to Cheryl.

"Anna..."

"Don't worry about me, check Cheryl." I cough and I pump on her chest while Archie gives her mouth to mouth.

"Come on!" I continue to pump her chest and she finally throws up the water in her lungs.

She sits up and hugs me and I cry in relief.

"You're okay. Everything will be okay." We help her up and Archie carries her to the shore.

We get her in the backseat and I drive to Veronica's.
***
"Hey. Hot chocolate? With a little splash of peppermint liqueur." She hands one to Cheryl and then offers me one and I decline it.

"Anna, your freezing."

"I'm fine, I need to get home to get changed for the Jubilee."

I walk over to Cheryl and give her a hug.

"You okay to stay here."

"Yeah, just for a little bit longer."

"If you need anything, call me."

"I will, thank you for saving me." I walk out and go to my car.
***
"Welcome, one and all, to Riverdale's seventy fifth anniversary Jubilee celebration! I couldn't be any more thrilled to introduce my daughter, Josie, and her Pussycats, as they perform alongside our local hero, Archie Andrews!" I stand by Betty and she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Hi, hi, everyone. We're switching things up tonight. We are singing a song that my boy, Archie Andrews, wrote. So..."

They start to sing and when they finish Betty walks out.

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman. I'd like to thank Mayor McCoy for inviting me to speak on this historic day. Seventy-five years of Riverdale... But what is Riverdale? It's the people, right? You, me, our friends, our neighbors. Riverdale is Archie Andrews. Kevin Keller is Riverdale. Veronica Lodge, she's Riverdale. But you know who else is Riverdale? FP Jones, who we were so quick to blame for Jason's murder. Jughead Jones, Anna Jones, and Nick Jones are Riverdale, the very soul of Riverdale. Without them, we may not have ever found out what happened to Jason. Do you know Anna figured it out before anyone of us could. She has a brilliant mind that everyone seemed to ignore. And yet how do we thank them? By banishing them. Which is what we do when the truth gets too ugly in Riverdale. Truth being that Clifford Blossom was also Riverdale. Riverdale's at a crossroads. If we don't face the reality of who and what we are, if we keep lying to ourselves and keeping secrets from each other, then what happened to Jason could happen again. Or, God forbid, something even worse. Riverdale must do better. We must do better."

Everyone was silent, because they had no words. Betty was right we had to do better. Mayor McCoy looks over at me and I ignore her. Everyone starts clapping for Betty and she walks off the stage.

She hugs me and I smile.

"Thank you."

"You deserved it."