𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚍

*Jughead's Narration*

Weekdays, from 8:25 a.m. to 3:01 p.m., we adhere to a strict regimen. Everything in our lives is controlled. But then something like the murder of Jason Blossom happens, and you realize there is no such thing as control. There is only chaos. 

 Nevertheless, some of us strive to impose and maintain order in what is, fundamentally, an orderless world. A fact which would very soon be confirmed in ways none of us could have foreseen.

*Anna's Pov *

I sit at the kitchen table across from Nick doing homework. My mom and dad walk in with their suitcases in hand and I look up. 

"Alright, we are headed out for the doctor's convention."

"Okay." I  get up and hug them both 

 "I love you guys."

"We love you too and be good." She says and I sit back down. 

"We will," Nick says and I smile. They leave and I pack up my things for school. Nick does the same and we open the front door only to be met by Archie and Betty.

"You guys want to walk to school with us."

"I can drive you guys we don't have to walk," Nick says and Betty shakes her head.

"We haven't walked to school in so long together, come on."

"I mean my car can use a rest." I shrug and I lock up the house before leaving.

"Are you guys going to talk to Veronica." I ask and they both nod.

"You know it feels good to walk, we haven't done this in so long." I smile and we walk along the sidewalk of the school.

"We should do it more often," I say and they laugh. The bell rings and I quickly go to class.
***

"Anyway, enough about my drama. Betty, you were saying something about Jughead's birthday?" I look up at the mention of Jughead's birthday and I knew this was going to be bad. 

"Yeah. Just that Mr. Jones told me Jughead's never had a birthday party. Let's have one for him. Like, a low-key surprise party."

"Uh, no, no," I say and Veronica looks over at me. 

 "That's a fantastic idea."

"Jughead doesn't like his birthday." Archie agrees and I shake my head. 

"Everybody says that, nobody means it." 

"Jughead is a lone wolf."

"Okay."

"Ignoring the negativity. Betty, you know me, any excuse to wear a cute party dress."

"Yeah. Okay, so I'm thinking a quaint gathering, inner-circle only."

"Oh, my God, don't turn around," Kevin says and that's all exactly what we do.

"Holy Chuck, I think his lats got bigger. Not that I care, because he's evil incarnate."

"What's Chuck Clayton doing back?" I ask and look over at Veronica and Betty.

"He got suspended, not expelled. Even though he should have been drawn and quartered for what he did." Betty gets up and I couldn't grab her in time.

"I'm not going!" Betty hits the table making us all jump. She walks back after her little heated conversation and she sits down. 

"What was he doing? Accosting her?"

"No, he was... Apologizing."

"Oh, I'm so sure. Chuck Clayton doesn't have a contrite bone in his muscle-bound body."