𝙸 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙾𝚠𝚎 𝙼𝚎

*Anna*
I walk home from Pops in the dark, my brother had left with his friends and took the car with him. I tried calling him and my family but no one was picking up. I pull my jacket closer to my body trying to stay warm, wishing I had packed sweats to change into.

It was pitch black and quiet outside so when I heard the low growl of a bike and I plead that it wasn't some stranger trying to pull anything. The bike moves closer to me I curse to myself when I comes to a halt behind me. I continue to walk, afraid that if I stopped something would happen.

"Jones, stop walking." I stop when I recognize the voice. I turn around and shield my eyes from the light on the bike. It cuts off and I was able to put my hand down, putting a face to the voice that called me.

"You need a ride, Jones." Sweet Pea asks and my eyebrows knit together. Why would he care if I needed a ride home.

"Are stalking me snake?" I say putting my guard up but on the inside I was terrified. I couldn't tell you why but we've never been fully alone, we were always somewhere public. Tonight was different. He gets off his bike and walks towards me. I back up a little, causing him to chuckle.

"Are you scared of me?" I shake my head at his question, not wanting it to seem to obvious.

"Why would I be scared of you?" I scoff and he walks closer to me.

"Because you back up everytime I get closer to you. I won't hurt you, if that's what you think."

"Well can you blame me, you haven't been a very welcoming person and you insinuate things." He shakes his head with a smile.

"No I don't, if I didn't know me I would be terrified to. Also, you say things back so I'm not the only guilty one here." He teased. I scowl at him.

"I never said I was terrified of you."

"Sweetheart, you're practically shaking." He chuckles and my stomach flips when he calls me that.

"I'm just cold and if all your going to do is tease me then I have to go."

"You're feisty, most people are scared to talk to me like that."

"Well I'm not, so good bye."

"Jones, wait." He grabs my hand as I turn around, stopping me. He takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders and I slip my arms through. It was big on me considering how tall he was and it was warm too making me pull it closer to my body. It smelt like him, I would have thought it would have smelt like smoke but it didn't. His smell was almost fruity but in a good way with a hint of spice somewhere in there.

"Now to answer your first question, no I'm not stalking you. I was on my way home when I saw you and so I thought I'd help you out." I look over at him.

"Oh." I felt stupid now and he chuckles.

"So do you want a ride home." He asks and I shrug.

"Yeah but, it's only because it's cold outside and I don't want to walk in the dark." I confirm and he chuckles.

"Duly noted." I nod and walk over to his bike. He hands me his helmet and I put it on and get on the back of the bike and wrap my arms around his waist. He tenses up and then relaxes before taking me to my house.

𓆗𓆗𓆗

I started to rain on the way to my house so when we finally pulled up, we were completely soaked.

We run up the porch getting away from the rain and I was practically a giggling mess. I go to take off the helmet but my fingers kept slipping so Sweet Pea helps me. He slips it from my head and I thank him.