𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎-𝚒𝚗

*Jughead's Narration*

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. 

And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

*Anna*

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino likes to say..." 

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." I groan and he looks over at me. 

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it."

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica says and I roll my eyes. 

"People who want to buy crack," Kevin says and I chuckle. 

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" 

"Totally."

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse..."

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares."

"We do!" I say Veronica looks over at me. 

"Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti... Or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett."

"Or The Talented Mr. Ripley."

"Anna."

"East of Eden," I suggest and Jug looks at Betty.

"Betty, your choices?" Betty stared down at her shake. 

"Everything okay, B?" Veronica asks and she shrugs it off. 

"Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um... Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?" I give her a smile.

"I love that movie."

"Anna you'd watch anything starring James Dean."

"You are absolutely right Jug."

"Here you go, kids." Hermione walks over with our food and sets it down.

"And here is Anna's to go."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lodge." I smile and hand her the money.

"Thanks, Mom," Veronica says and she walks away. As she goes to pick up Cheryls check she says something and Veronica gets up. I roll my eyes at Cheryl's comment and get up from my seat. 

"Jug, I'm gonna head out, I have to finish some school work."

"Okay, I'll see you at the drive-in."