𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚜 𝙻𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐?

"Why'd you guys do it." I walk in sit down on one of the chairs.

"Anna." Nick says and I look at them.

"What, apparently they did it. I just want to know why they would lie."

"Why do you think we're lying." My dad asks and I chuckle.

"Because you've never been good at lying both of you. Any amateur cop would have figured that out."

"This kid doesn't miss anything." FP says and I stand up.

"Why not call us, why call SweetPea and Joaquin."

"I called SweetPea to tell him to watch over you. Make sure you were safe. As for Joaquin that's FP's business."

"Anna, your times almost up." Sheriff Keller walks in and I nod.

"Before you leave I'm gonna give you a little piece of advice. For you, Jughead and your friends. Stop digging or what happened to Jason will happen to you guys."

"Is that a threat or a promise." I walk out and Nick follows behind me. Jughead walks over and I smile.

"How'd it go?"

"Like you would expect, we'll wait in the car."

We walk out and I walk over to the car and get in the drivers seat.

"Dad threatened us."

"No he didn't, he gave me a name, without giving it to me. I know who killed Jason."

"How do you know."

"Because for the past few nights I've been seeing the same dreams over and over and they've been in the same sequece everytime."

"What are they."

"Clifford Blossom was the reason Hiram Lodge was put in jail."

"So he would have a motive."

"To make him look like he had a motive, he knew that Hiram Lodge bought the drive in with the help of the Serpents why not say that the Serpents were also paid off to kill Jason for revenge. The next one is Clifford Blossom threatened Jason."

"Why would Clifford Blossom threaten his son."

"Let me finish. Next was, It was a one time delivery, we needed money. Jason did a one time delivery for the Serpents selling a few things of weed. After that it was, I'm not a perfect father, Jughead, no getting around that, but... I'm no killer. Then, God no, he's a child. Why would you ask that."

"Why did it come like that." I grabbed a piece of paper from my bag in the back seat and write down the sentences. I circle each word and put them together.

"Anna, your putting things in your head to make it seem like someone else did. You are is denial." I didn't listen and finished writing down what I pieced together."

Clifford Blossom threatened Jason delivery money for drugs I'm not a perfect father he is a child.

Nick reads it and looks over at me.

"How did you figure it out."

"There was a slip up, somewhere in this whole thing, this killing was sloppy and quick, there is one thing that no one asked for not even the sheriff."

"What."

"In the coffession FP said that they held Jason in the basement of the Whyte Wrym."

"There is a camera down in that basement."

"If we find the footage we can expose the truth." Jughead starts to walk back and I grab the paper and crumble it up. I throw the paper in the back and Jughead gets in.

"How did it go."

"I don't want to talk about it right now, I'll tell you at the school."
***
"My dad's been lying to me his whole life, but he's never been any good at it. I saw it in his eyes. He didn't do it."

"Neither did my dad."

"So, why lie? Who is he protecting?"

"Okay, who can we rule out? My dad. We know why he was acting so shady."

"Hermione."

"Yeah."

"Veronica says she's guilty of plenty, but not murder. Plus, she has an alibi. She was in New York."

 "So, that just leaves Hiram Lodge..."

"And Clifford and Penelope Blossom..."

"Polly said something about Jason and Clifford fighting over something the night before Jason left and that Clifford Blossom threatened him. That has to be some motive, because why would Clifford threaten his son if he had nothing to hide."

"Well, what do we have here? You four just can't leave well enough alone, can you?"

"Mom, we know what you're going to say."

"The police found another dead body."

"Okay, maybe not that," I say and lean against the table.

"A Southside Serpent and Sheriff Clueless is convinced that he was working with your father. He allegedly committed suicide by overdose, and there was a bag of money on-site that links him to Hiram Lodge. Everything is tied up into a nice little bow. Too tidy, if you ask me."

"That's what makes it wrong. The evidence is there Mrs. Cooper but it was sloppy. I could be wrong but I've been having the same reaccuring dreams for a few nights and I figured it out."

"How so."

"The dream was an anagram, so I rearranged the words. Clifford Blossom threatened Jason delivery money for drugs I'm not a perfect father he is a child. Everything was so perfect that there was bound to be a slip up somewhere. Sometimes it good to be sloppy."

"But you have no proof, your grasping onto strings Anna because you are in denial."

"I am tired of people sayi.g.that I'm in denial when I know damn well that they didn't kill Jason Blossom." My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Kevin?"

"Hey, can you guys meet me at the bus station. Joaquin just told me about a duffle bag that could possibly help your dad and FP."

"Oh, okay. We'll meet you there."

"I just got my proof."

"We need to go."
***
"Whatever it is we're looking for, Joaquin didn't know if it would help your dads or make things worse." We walk down old route forty and look around. 

"Um, guess we're going to find out."

"And why did Joaquin wait so long to tell us?" I ask and Kevin shrugs.

"FP called him from jail. Told him to forget about their plan, some contingency plan. He said it was too dangerous."

"Deja vu," I say as we stop at the maple sign. 

"Hey, right here."Jug grabs a blue duffle bag from under a thing of branches and I open up the bag to find Jason's jacket.

"Let's go back to Archies." I sling the duffle bag over my shoulder and we head back to Archies