II Bulbasaur's P.O.V

The ranch, or at least, Ash's pokemon claimed territory has been quite restless since yesterday. When Professor Oak suddenly called out Primeape, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Meganium, Croconaw, and Espeon. No one knew why Ash would call out for some of the best fighters he had only one week into his journey through Sinnoh... but everyone knew it was for nothing good. Especially since the pokemon that were sent back to the ranch told us our trainer was supposed to attend a meeting at a Ranger Headquarters. We even tried to have the psychic pokemon try and ask Professor Oak for information but got nothing in return. Only finding out that Charizard was called as well.
It had us on edge. Sylvain and Glaceon were especially worried about Espeon. I had my hands full trying to get everyone to calm down and keep order. Even when I myself kept wondering what had happened to make Ash call for Charizard of all pokemon. But Ash had left me in charge, had trusted me to keep everyone safe in his steed and I would not fail him.

I tried to wonder about the topic of conversation to get to know the new members of our family. But I realized nothing could be done when the psychics had found out that Hunter J has been captured by Ash Ketchum. The news kept on repeating the same story: A fight broke on the borders of Jubilife City, a team of Rangers led by Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum had been sent out to deal and capture Hunter J. Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum had been successful and Champion Cynthia and Elite Four Lucian had already procured that the infamous criminal was put behind bars. That would have normally been something to celebrate, but the story was followed by the report of a fire breaking out during the mission and various Rangers had been hurt. So, when no call came from Ash hell broke loose.

Not even I had it in me to keep the guys in check, too worried about my family. The worst is that neither Professor Oak nor Ash's mom could get ahold of Ash. So, we spent the whole day and following morning worried sick, I don't believe anyone slept a wink.

I don't think I can explain the relief we felt when Professor Oak came out of his lab with various Poke Balls in his hands. It never is this bad whenever Ash gets involved in Ranger work... maybe because we've never known beforehand what he has gotten involved with. So, we've never had to wonder if they are safe and sound, we've always found out after the events held place. Waiting is horrible... and I am the one saying that.

I avidly waited as Professor Oak threw the Poke Balls into the air, releasing my family. They all looked the same as they've had when they left. The only change was that Croconaw was now Feraligatr. However, instead of celebrating that I was more focused on the fact that they were all uncharacteristically quiet. That never happens.

"So, Ash tells me to inform you that Meganium will not be participating in any kind of training and to take good care of her. She's expecting. The same goes for Feraligatr, no training until he gets used to his new body and power. Froakie, Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Chimchar, and Quilava will be joining Ash for the continuation of his journey, but he told me to send you to him later." Professor Oak informed us. "Until then mingle and... learn what happened."

With that said he turned around and left. It was as if a spell broke and everyone rushed forward. Sylveon and Glaceon jumped Espeon, Quilava went to Meganium, Sceptile, and Feraligatr, Heracross, and Hitmontop went to Primeape, I decided to approach Pidgeot, who was surrounded by almost every flying type in Ash's team.

"What happened there?" I asked, my words brought silence all around me.

The usual composed and dignified Pidgeot, the one I counted to keep her cool and inform us about the mission in a professional way, suddenly broke into tears. Sobs shaking her whole body, sending shivers down my bulb.

What could have happened to make Pidgeot react like that? I wondered in my head, afraid of the answer. Especially, when everyone in the team that had returned looked away in shame.