IX Dawn's P.O.V

This is... I can't believe how many people have come to watch. The path to the Sinnoh Pokemon League was surrounded by a herd of fans and reporters. Its not as if they could watch the battles ahead of Ash!

I better start from the beginning.

After Ash got shot and he had to be bedridden for a month and another month of physical therapy, thank Lugia for aura accelerated healing. During those two months Ash trained his pokemon to be Elite Four level ready, while Cynthia focused on aiding Orre. With all the regions pulling their weight and all the money donated by Ash, thanks to The Saint Festival, and donations all around the world, things are moving fast. Specially, since the resistance already had many reconstruction plans and people ready to take political positions and the such. Thanks to all of that, Cynthia was able to get back in time to be there for Ash's challenge, and mark my words: he will reach her.

Meanwhile, I was taking my time to rest and catch up with my mom and trained with my pokemon. Cyndaquil was still a baby and Ribombee was still new to the team. Paul and I had both agreed that we won't be going to Kanto until after Ash challenges the Sinnoh League. That will be over today.

Yes, in one day. Because facing the Elite Four and Champion is not hard enough, the trainers had to do it one after the other. The most intense marathon in the world! Which is why Ash had been training like a madman lately. He could not only use those pokemon he knew were ready for this, his A-Team, he had to prepare the others. Otherwise, he would not have enough pokemon for this.

As for his fans not being able to watch... well, the Sinnoh League Challenge is a private matter. Something that happens behind closed doors, not like the Lilly of the Valley Conference. Only friends and family of the challenger are allowed to come and watch. So, May, Max, Brock, Misty, Tracey, Professor Oak, Mrs. Ketchum, Gary, Riley, Reggie, Paul, and I were invited. Todd also came to take a few good pictures for Battler! Champion Lance, Champion Wallace, and Ex-Champion Steven also took a day off to come and observe.

Which is the main reason why the scene before us surprised us so much. On Ash's left and right, all the way from Victory Road to the Pokemon League, were fans wearing his hat, with posters and sings held high, screaming his name and cheering him on.

Ash stood there frozen for a second, gaping at them all.

"W-why are they here? They came all the way just for this? They won't be able to watch the matches!" I heard Ash whispered to Gary, at the edge of tears.

"There's no just in this, they are your fans and this means the world to them. The same way we both hold Lance in high regard, they do the same to you. For many of them, specially the young ones, you are their role-model. Coming here to cheer you on, to be able to see you up-close... is a dream." Gary told him gently, patting his head softly. "I know you've grown to hate the media, but don't take it out on your fans."

"I know, they deserve better," Ash murmured with a glowing smile. He then turned to us and said. "Go ahead, I'll follow you later."

As I walked towards the Pokemon League with our group, I saw Ash step forward toward a young girl, wearing Ash's hat and offered her to sing it. The poor sweet girl was crying in happiness, her mother was beaming in gratefulness at Ash. He slowly moved from fan to fan, taking pictures and signing posters. I saw many of the people we've helped during our journey here, Autumn and Miltank, Abigail and Sugar, Marley, Ben and Feraligatr, to mention a few.

The scene warmed my heart.

"It's good to see Ash finally interacting with his fans," Mrs. Ketchum broke the silence, as we headed towards the guest area the challenging battlefield. "Oh, my baby has fans!"