II Lance's P.O.V

I came all the way to Sinnoh to visit him because I was worried about him. He could fake all he wanted behind the screen with miles between us. But face to face would be a completely different thing. He would not be able to hide what he was truly feeling.

He could not be fine, as he kept saying during our calls. He FELL and almost died; he must know that if it hadn't been for his pokemon evolving he would have died. He can't be too blasé about dying. Not to mention, one of his oldest pokemon had been injured and had needed surgery, with weeks of recovery.

He can't be fine!

But I must say that watching Ash compete in a contest like the Dress-Up Contest just for fun, was a relief for this champion. It's been a while since he had last done something for the fun of it.

He even won and received a pokemon egg!

Talking about the Darkrai, Ash was coming out of the Pokemon Center to meet me at its training ground. But with no egg at sight and only Pikachu and Pupitar by his side. Not even Jolteon was there, the one who has never left his or Pikachu's side since the transfer from Professor Oak's grandson to him.

"Hey, over here!" I called out.

I was thankful once again that our silly disguises worked so much. Otherwise, we would have been mobbed by people by now. Can you imagine it? The Dragon Master and Indigo's League youngest Champion, meeting with Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum, The Saint... we would have the whole city on us.

"Hi Lance, how are you?" He greeted me back. I might not be able to see his mouth because of the mask, but from how his eyes shone I knew he was smiling.

"Why don't we hide there?" I pointed at the trees that surrounded the Pokemon Center. "Then we could talk freely and more relaxed."

He just nodded his head excitedly and practically rushed to hide. He must really hate that silly disguise. Not that I blame him, I hate it just as much. Once we made sure that no one was eavesdropping, we took off our disguises and I called out Scales, my starter Dragonite. We could have had this meeting in the Pokemon Center's business room, but that would only make it feel as if this was business. Not to mention, it's too stifling and we both love the great outdoors much more.

"Hi, Scales." Ash smiled, patting, and nuzzling my starter. Pikachu even joined them when Scales swooped Ash into a tight hug.

Dragonites are just the best ones at giving hugs.

The Pupitar stayed away, looking at both Scales and me with awe and trepidation at the same time. He could clearly sense the power we hold.

So, that's the Pupitar that started it all. I can't wait to see what he'll become once he evolved under Ash's tutelage. I thought to myself, impressed at what I saw in the pokemon.

"Where's the egg?" I asked once Scales finally released Ash. "I can't see you letting an egg out of your sight just as you got them."

"I used the Alakazam teleportation service to send it to Brock. Nurse Joy told me that it was a Happiny egg. Brock wants to become a pokemon doctor and having a future Chansey in his team will help him a lot." He explained to me. "I also don't think it's the best idea to raise an egg while hunting down Team Galactic and not knowing who is gunning after me. Also, if I ever need a pokemon certified for healing I have Meganium."

Scales growled at that, while I frowned at the reminder. Another reason why I came here today, we still had no clue about who leaked the story about Ash capturing Hunter J. But it seems that Ash has stumbled upon the answer, even though he had said that he would leave it to us.