IV Josh's P.O.V

I could only stare at a fuming Dawn, as a pink-haired girl walked away from her while laughing. "What did just happen?" I inquired, as I walked to stand next to Ash with Sarah.

"Ursula, the girl that walked away, caught Dawn's training and mocked her because Mamoswine did not listen to her, and started tormenting her about having to become a more graceful trainer if she wanted to win the Grand Festival," Ash replied with a chuckle.

"As if she is better than Dawn," Sarah scoffed.

"You know that girl?" I asked her surprised, the name Ursala does not seem familiar to me.

"She was at the Wallace Cup, lost during the first round," Sarah replied.

"And she thinks she can scold someone who got to the finals?" I said shocked. "Well, there will always be people like that, who think they are better than everyone."

"What brought you here? With Bronzong hiding your presence using their psychic power, it must be important," Ash commented, not taking his eyes away from Dawn as he spoke, so no one would realize there was anyone other than his pokemon besides him.

"Team Galactic is planning something big," Sarah answered, standing straighter. "Not to mention... they are acting weird."

"Weird?" Ash replied, tensing slightly. "Weird how?"

"More erratic and violent," I answered. "As if they were being rushed or something."

"Oh, that might be my doing," Ash chuckled, while Pikachu snickered evilly on his shoulder.

"We guessed," I scoffed. "What did you do?"

"I might have gone and picked up the Spear Key from them while they were in the Iron Island," Ash chuckled.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Both Sarah and I exclaimed stunned.

"On your own?!" Sarah demanded to know in anger.

"That was totally reckless!" I exclaimed.

"Utau was with me, and so was Riley," Ash said as if that should be enough to placate us. "It's not like they knew it was us, not when no one saw us and the media filmed us all the way in the Chocovine Town Festival, dealing with Phione. It's could not leave the Spear Key with them, not when they would use it to locate ancient Legendary artifacts."

"They would then realize that the orbs you placed in Sinnoh were fakes," Sarah theorized.

"Yes, not to mention that then they would be able to locate the Spear Pillar," Ash continued. "Now they'll have to do it the old way, which is why they are not taking the same sedated pace they've been using. They'll have to do all the search the old way and that will consume a lot of time and manpower."

"Won't they need the Spear Key to open the ruins, so they can reach the Spear Pillar?" Sarah asked him confused.

"Not really, the Iron, Draco, and Splash Plates can also serve as a reserve key. My aim was never to stop them from reaching the Spear Pillar." Wait, WHAT?! I exclaimed internally. What he told us shocked us to the core. "Look what I've come to understand from all my adventures is that the bad guys will always reach for their objectives and wake up the Legendaries. I believe that Arceus themselves decided for their kids to finally wake up after a long time away from Earth or something. Honestly, I reached a point I just don't give a crap. So, instead of trying to stop something that will already happen, I decided to keep the damage they create to a minimum. Without the Spear Key, they won't realize the orbs are fake and they won't be able to control Palkia and Dialga. With them acting so reckless and spreading out their forces it will be easier to incarcerate their grunts, so they will be easier to take down during the final battle. We've got what, a third of their forces in prison? I am aiming for another third and the last third for the final battle."

"With the Spear Key, we will know where it will be and we can have our forces prepared," I realized, looking at Ash in shock. His plan was reckless and brilliant, but unnecessary from my point of view... but, he is the professional dealing with Legendaries. So, if he says that it is inevitable, it might as well be.

"This is quite the gamble..." Sarah commented nervously.

"This is what you guys signed up for, you've read my files. I've faced worse odds before and won," Ash chuckled humourlessly. "The Champions already gave me the ok, the Elite Four and Champion Chyntia will be joining us. Unless Team Galactic decides to surprise us that day."

That's more reassuring... I thought, calming my racing heart. I looked at Sarah for encouragement and found her looking back at me with determination. He is right, this is what we signed up for. We can do this!

"Will you stay?" Ash asked us. "I'm sure Dawn will love having you guys for the contest tomorrow."

"We will love too," Sarah answered for me. "It's been a while since I watched a contest live."

So, we stayed. And joined Ash in the bleachers the next day for the contest, the place was packed! Maybe it had to be with how close the contest was to the Phione Festival. Or maybe it was because Ash ended up on television not too long ago. Most of the contestants were great, even that girl Ursula, no matter how much I intended to hate her for what she had said to Dawn. Bad person, but a good coordinator.

"Jessilina was supposed to participate in this contest, but she ended up having to go for a Gala for her husband's business," Ash told us, as we waited for Dawn's turn.

"Do you know who will Dawn be using?" Sarah asked, more excited than I've seen her in a while. I smiled at that, happy that my partner was having fun.

"Vileplume," Ash answered.

"She evolved her?" I asked him surprised, not having noticed that yesterday.

"Yeah, she did so during Professor Rowan's Summer Camp, with the Leaf Stone I've gifted her for her birthday," Ash informed us. "Oh, it's Dawn's turn!"

"Vileplume, spotlight!" Dawn called out, as she threw her Poke Ball and white smoke came out. As if following the mysterious atmosphere she had created, her next move was a Moonlight which made the whole stage shine in a gentle light. Below us, Vileplume stood solemnly, in the character of the show she was putting, practically glowing under the light of the artificial moon she had created. "Petal Blizzard!" The dance of pink flowers under the mysterious moon only made it look like a scene from an old Johto movie, especially when she paused the petals with the use of Stun Spore, which only added to the glow of the stage. I heard many in the crowd gasp alongside me... it was a breathtaking scene. "Now finish it with Moonblast!"

The powerful Fairy-type move collected every single petal and spore scattered around the stage, creating a glowing moon made of petals that ended up bursting in pink and silver fireworks. Vileplume and Dawn bowed to their standing ovation, we, of course, were part of it. This has been their best appeal yet, and the judges thought so too because she ended up in first place for the Appeal Round.

"She has truly grown," Ash commented with a proud smile.

"She just showed them all!" Sarah exclaimed jumping on her feet, all fired up. I forgot how excited she got during contests. "Next she'll battle Ursula and show her how it's done!"

"That she will," I chuckled.

This is fun, I thought. Good luck Dawn!