IV Dawn's P.O.V

"Ah," I sighed as I watched Jessilina went up the stage and receive the one year's supply of fruit award.

Once we left Oreburgh City we marched to Floaroma Town, where my next contest would be held. Luckily, on our way, we didn't find any more trouble and had a peaceful journey. Even the news crew that had tried to follow us, previously, into the forest had stopped doing so. After Ash had snapped at them on live T.V the backlash they've gotten from the public was too big for them to risk more of their reputation for a juicy story of his private life, even the ones hounding his friends and family had backed off. In return, he had agreed to hold a couple of interviews once we reach Floaroma Town. He'll interview for a popular radio station in Sinnoh and Battler! A famous pokemon magazine that specializes in the gym challenges, Elite Four and Champions.  There will even be a photoshoot!

But that's not the issue here!

Halfway to Floaroma Town, we reached a small town that was having an informal contest. I had decided to participate and try out my newly caught pokemon: Pachirisu! I could not believe that I was already on my fifth pokemon! Almost a whole team! All of them so cute! Only, for the whole thing to explode on my face. First, Pachirisu had an attack of stage fright, and then, when things started to look good, Jessilina whipped the floor with me at the final stage of the contest.

The only thing I could be happy about is the cute Pachirisu that has recently joined my team.

"Don't look so gloomy," Ash chuckled next to me. I turned to look at him surprised, it was the first time since we left Oreburgh that he had truly smiled. Whatever Gym Leader Roark told him, had unsettled him greatly. Charizard leaving to go back to his Valley hadn't helped either. "Jessie has been doing this for two years, not to mention that she has years on her belt as a trainer. Don't feel down for losing against her."

"Jessie? I thought her name is Jessilina?" I asked him, confused.

"Jessilina is her stage name, her husband, James, comes from a rich family, so they decided to keep a low profile while she competes, as not to attract attention." He explained.

"So, that's why she uses a mask," I commented, having thought of it as strange.

"Yeah, they are old friends. They decided to visit me." Ash told me. "They will be joining us for a picnic later. If you are up for it, of course."

"I am!" I exclaimed, excitedly. Meeting an older and more experienced coordinator from who I could learn, count me in! "Will they be joining us on our way to Floaroma Town?"

"No, they only decided to pass by and say hi, James has some business on the Solaceon Ruins. So, Jessie will be entering the Solaceon Town contest instead." Ash answered. I sighed in relief at hearing those words. At least, I won't have to face Jessilina at the Floaroma Contest. "Just because Jessie won't be there, it doesn't mean there won't be another good coordinator there."

"I know," I sighed. "But you can't fault me for being relieved!"

"I won't," he chuckled. "But one day, when you are more experienced and stronger, you will crave that challenge." He informed me. "Until then, you better take note on what you did wrong... even, then you better take note and improve."

"Note to myself: train Pachirisu in front of big crowds at informal events, as to not have her freeze during a real contest." I joked back but still meant every word.

"Good!" Ash laughed with me. "Have you decided which pokemon you'll use at the Floaroma Contest?"

"Yes, I'll use Oddish at the performance stage and Aipom at the battle stage," I answered him.