II Reggie's P.O.V

I found my brother on the training ground behind the Pokemon Center. That in itself was not a surprise. What did surprise me, was the fact that he was not training. He had Torterra out, but he was simply laying against a tree. It could have been the fact that the field was being used by Dawn and her coordinator friend. They seem to be training.

It is quite unfortunate that Dawn was not able to compete at the Hearthome City Contest, but it was only a couple of weeks since the attack. That was to be expected. Though Zoey did lose at the last stage against Nando, she seemed to be doing quite well. Though, I believe that had mostly to do with the fact that her friend is safe and sound, smiling even after everything that had happened to her.

Zoey and I got to Hearthome City on the same day, I was even there to witness the heartwrenching moment Zoey threw herself at Dawn and the bubbly coordinator broke into tears. The redhead had not left her side since then, they even slept on the same bed from what I've heard. The only they separated was for the contest. Dawn couldn't follow her to the Contest Hall, it was too much for her. She stayed with Ash and cheered for her from the Pokemon Center. I was invited by Riley to go and watch it with him, I quite enjoyed it. I might even turn into a contest fan.

Paul, as always, decided to stay back and train- he has no interest in contests or coordinators. Though, I noticed that he mellowed quite considerably around Dawn. Which was strange, she had the type of personality that he finds annoying the most and without the strength that Ash possesses to make it bearable to him.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked him gently, as I propped next to him.

"Did you finish your duties with the Head Ranger, Officer Jenny, Champion Chyntia, and Ash?" He replied instead.

Oh, yes, the reason why I was called into Hearthome City, even though I am a retired Ranger. It seems that they thought my experience would be efficient in this case, as something similar happened back home. The same event that turned me into a Ranger and a hero to my town. I was able to help out Gym Leader Fantina arm a surveillance team, that will work alongside the ranger department, the police department, and with her ghost pokemon that she'll leave in the gym while she's away. However, she'll need to stay in the city for a while and train them thoroughly.

Not that I am worried about her not following through. The guilt on her face, when she found out about what had happened so close to her city... I'll never forget. Not to mention, the scolding she got from Ash and the admonition from Champion Chyntia, she even wrote her up. It was even written up on her records at the Lily of the Valley Plateau.

"We did, everything is done... how did you know that Gym Leader Fantina did not join our meeting today?" I asked him, confused. Then, I realized why he was in such a bad mood. "You lost."

"Tch." He clicked his tongue, annoyance clear on his face.

"You've been breezing through your gym battles until now, it was about time you'd find a road-bump," I told him with a smile.

"I've been to Hoenn, Kanto and Johto. I've nailed all and every challenge eight. I've even faced another Ghost-type Gym Leader and won. How was someone as neglectful as Fantina able to defeat me?!" I growled under his breath, Torterra grumbling his agreement.

"Paul, I do not care what are your thoughts about Gym Leader Fantina, you are free to think what you wish, but she is still part of the Thirteen Pillars of Sinnoh and I will have you talk about her with the respect she deserves." I scolded my brother sternly, earning a surprised look from both of them, which later turned into a rare sheepish expression. When he murmured his apologies, I continued. "Look, Morty is a good Gym Leader, but he is young and still had a lot of growing to do. Fantina not only has she held her position as Gym Leader for fifteen years, but she has also reached the title of Top Coordinator on various occasions and has her brand of clothing, which has stores in various regions. Through her, Sinnoh has gained contacts and bonds with important figures all over the world. She is not neglectful, she simply has a lot on her plate. Yes, she should have placed a team in the city while she is gone, but she is only human and capable of committing mistakes. What matters is what she'll do next. From the looks of it, she is taking this as a learning experience."