I Wallace's P.O.V

As soon as I entered the limousine, I sighed and dropped my smile. I truly love my fans, but this has been becoming too much. I have always been popular as a Gym Leader and as a Top Coordinator, but the moment I gained the title of Champion from my Dear Steven, things went off the rails. Interviews and photoshoots left and right, fans ambushing everywhere. It got even worse (something I did not believe was possible!) when the Wallace Cup was announced. Luckily, tomorrow was my day off, and I'll be able to play with Milotic.

"You did incredible Wallace," Sarah, my manager, told me.

"Are we done?" I asked her, almost pleadingly.

"Yeah, done for the say," she assured me with a sympathetic smile.

"Thank Arceus!" I exclaimed, laying my head on the limousine's glass and closing my eyes to rest for a little while. Surely as soon as we get to the hotel, I'll be accosted by my fans again. "Anything I need to know before I lock myself in my room?"

"I've heard rumors about The Saint being in Lake Valor," Sarah told me conspiratorially.

That woke me up. I opened my eyes and straightened myself on the seat. "The Saint?" I asked her excitedly. "Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum is here?"

I've heard so much about him from Juan, Steven, Cynthia, and especially Lance. Once I became Hoenn's Champion, I found out about another little piece of information; he might end up becoming a champion himself or maybe the Leader of the new Battle Frontier.

"Yes, though it is not surprising," Sarah continued. If she noticed my excitement, she did not comment on it. "Though it is not surprising, he is known for traveling with coordinators and enjoying contests. There is no doubt that both Hoenn's Princess, May Maple, and Sinnoh's Dame, Dawn Berlitz, are going to be here for the Wallace Cup."

"Make sure to remind everyone in security to check both the coordinators and crowd for weapons." I reminded her seriously. I will not allow this to be another Zoroark situation.

"Don't worry everything, is under control," Sarah assured me. "It should have never happened in the first place... that poor girl."

Before I could reply we reached the hotel, and like always, it was filled with reporters and fans. Sighing I put on a smile and greeted them all, after many small interviews and autograph signing sessions, I was finally let go and was able to get to my room. I took a shower, ate delicious food, and finally laid down on my bed. I groaned when I heard the ringing of my Xtransceiver, but brightened up when I saw that it was Steven calling me.

"Hi, lover," I greeted my boyfriend with a smile.

"Hi, Wallace," he greeted me back, with a delicate blush on his precious cheeks. I chuckled at how adorable he looked, if just seeing me in a bathrobe on a bed gets him like this... I can't wait to see his reaction to what I have planned for when I get back to Hoenn. "I got confirmation from Lance that Ash will be in Lake Valor for the Wallace Cup."

"You called to tell me that?" I asked him, half amused and half annoyed, and here I thought he did it because he missed me.

"It's not a silly thing Wallace," he reprimanded me. Sometimes I forget who is the older one of the two. "Ash Ketchum saved Hoenn, he is a hero! When all the trouble with Team Galactic is finished, and believe me it will be finished by the end of the year, we will hold an Award Ceremony just for him! You will officiate it, so try to get on his good side. He had no reason to help Hoenn, it makes sense that he aided Kanto and Johto, because he is part of the Indigo League. Helping Sinnoh is now part of his job, as he is an official Ace Ranger. However, he could have let Hoenn burn or drown, depending on what team ended up the winner."

"I do get it, Steven," I assured him. Not liking the reminder of how close we all were to losing our precious region. "Tomorrow I have a free day, I'll relax a bit with Milotic and then try to find him. Hunting him down would not be the best idea either."

"No, he'll hate that," Steven replied. "Now tell me, how are the preparations going? I hate that I can't be there for you. But with you out of the region, someone needs to stay behind to protect Hoenn."

"Oh, everything is going perfectly!" I gushed and stayed the night up telling my lover all about the proceedings of the Wallace Cup.

It's been a while since I've had the time, or energy, to stay the night up talking to Steven, just because and not because of work. So, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, the next day I slept in, but it was worth it. I ordered room service for breakfast, the buffet will be a nightmare if I go there for the food. Luckily, my suite possesses an aquarium of its own, for my pokemon that do can not be out without a body of water to swim in. We all enjoyed breakfast together, it had been a while since I had the time to just pause and enjoy myself with my pokemon. It was refreshing.

Once we were done I recalled all of my pokemon and decided to sneak into the beautiful but hidden lake, I had found the other day. I had promised Milotic some private time to unwind and just enjoy swimming around. And enjoy it, she did... until, we were interrupted by a group of coordinators. I quickly recognized May, Hoenn's princess, and Jessilina, who I recall from the Hoenn and Kanto circuit. I also recognized two rookies from Sinnoh who were to look out for, Zoey and Dawn.

Wait, if Dawn is around that means that... Just I thought to myself, Ash and another man appeared behind the girls. The Ace Ranger saluted at me, just like any Ranger does before a Region Champion. Well look at that, he follows the queues. I would have expected him to hate all formalities... maybe he does, but simply follows them because he has to.

"Good afternoon, Champion Wallace. We are sorry to interrupt your afternoon, we were simply looking for a private place to train." Ash apologized to me with an understanding smile. He would understand, after all his popularity is as good as any champion. "If you want us we can always leave."

"No, there's no need. The lake is big enough for all of us." I smiled indulgently, gesturing to the beautiful body of water before us. "Please train as much as you need."

So, they all took out their pokemon and got to train. I enjoyed watching the girls' water pokemon train, the precision and beauty of their movements were praise-worthy. But I also enjoyed watching Ash's Buizel train. There was a magnifique grace in the power behind his moves. However, what caught my attention was the small flying pokemon that kept sleeping in Ash's bag. I exchanged curious looks with Milotic before we both decided to approach the sleeping pokemon.

Trying not to spook the poor boy, I gently shook him awake and spoke with a soft voice: "Time to wake up, sleepyhead."

"Row-let?!" The Flying-type pokemon exclaimed and flapped his wings in surprise but after a quick look around the clearing, he calmed down, seeing as Ash was still around.

"Why aren't you training with the rest of your team?" I asked the small pokemon, finding it strange. Yes, the pokemon looked quite young, but still old enough to train. "Don't you want to join your family?"

Rowlet replied to me with a series of chippers, for a second I thought that I should have taken out Slowking, so he could have translated for me. However, Milotic joined the conversation... or more accurately, took my place in it. Both pokemon talked for around half an hour before Rowlet flapped his wings determinately and flew towards Ash. All training ceased at once, every human and pokemon looking at Rowlet in stunned shock. It was as if they could not believe their eyes. Ash turned around to look at me surprised, I simply pointed at Milotic who preened at all the attention she was getting. The Ace Ranger smiled and mouthed a thank you to both of us, before directing Rowlet towards Gligar.

Slowly, but steadily, the rest of them returned to their own training, but still kept on giving Rowlet strange looks from time to time. I turned towards my starter and asked her: "What did you tell him?"

She simply smiled secretively and jumped back into the lake, joining the other water pokemon. I shook my head in amusement and decided to let it go. It was not that important. I sat down and laid against a tree trunk, enjoying the rest of the day under the shade of the tree. Tomorrow was back to business, but for now, I'll enjoy the calm and... well, quiet is not the right word around Ash and his friends. Neither is calm, now that I think about it.

Still, I'll enjoy the small break I have from work. One thing I know for sure is that the Wallace Cup will be very interesting.