III Lance's P.O.V

Scales smoothly landed right outside the Hot Spring Hotel Ash and his friends were staying at. I entered the place and thanked Arceus that Cynthia had had the brilliant idea of reserving the whole place for us. Thankfully, the place was owned by Dawn's friend Leona and her family was big fans of Ash. Not to mention, the free publicity they'll receive after he leaves. I've heard that the Mountain Hut Maid Café was bursting with customers after the fight against Ash against the Tapus hit the news.

Yes, that fight ended up being televised. Thankfully, it was not live but the recordings of people in the crowd that were sent to news channels. By the time, the news crews had reached the Alola Festival, Ash and his friends were gone and the festival was over. But that did not stop everyone and their cousin from here to Alola, to be talking about it.

The news has been reporting about it every day. Professionals in Legendaries were interviewed, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four members. Even Cynthia and I were called for an interview. The Alola Kahunas even went out and named Ash an honorary Alolan, as he was already accepted and chosen by their gods. I even had Professor Kukui trying to get a meeting with Ash through me. If it wasn't about his plans to open a league in Alola, I will eat my boot. My cousin and Lorelei were constantly over me, making sure I don't give it to him. Ash already belonged to one Island League! Or at least that's what they are telling me.

When you think Ash can't get into more trouble, he goes and gets summoned by Legendaries to prove his worth... though, that's just being a little bit hard on Ash. It's not really his fault that he is Legendary bait. I'll have to blame Arceus for that. Why couldn't he have created something like an Order to fight these insane situations he keeps on dragging Ash into? Why is it only One Chosen?

Rushing past the front desk I found Dawn and who must be her friend Leona. They were in bathrobes, enjoying some Fresh Moomoo Milk after a bath. Piplup, Pachirisu, Ambipom, Buneary, and a Swinub were lounging nearby. For a second I wondered where Gloom was, when suddenly I recalled Ash telling me that his Meganium had taken under her wing an apprentice in Dawn's Gloom.

"Champion Lance!" Dawn greeted me brightly.

If anything it was a relief to see her smile like that. No child should go through what she did. How did the contest staff allow a gun to get through? I will never understand that.

"Hello Dawn, Leona," I greeted the young girls. Chuckling when Leona blushed and stuttered. Did she have the same reaction to Ash? Most likely. "Where can I find Ash?"

"He is taking a bath with Riley and their Pokemon," Dawn answered me with a smile.

"Thank you," I replied, walking towards the male open bath and changing to join them.

When I took my first step out I was slightly surprised by the number of Pokemon there. I knew that there would be a lot, with Riley having a full team and Ash being able to carry up to twelve Pokemon. But to find seventeen Pokemon and two trainers in an open bath was still a shock. Scales joined the Bronzong, Lucario, Scizor, Empoleon, Magnezone, Probopass, in one corner. While Jolteon, Staravia, Turtwig, Chimchar, Pupitar, Buizel, Hitmontop, Primeape and Heracross, were playing in the other corner. Pikachu and Litten seem to have chosen to stay close to Ash. Ash was at the center with Riley by his side.

I did not like the way Riley was looking at Ash. However, I also understood that it was just the after-effects of him helping Ash manage his aura canals. So, I tried not to hold it against him. Even if it made me feel overprotective.

"Lance!" Ash finally realizing my presence, after five minutes of Pikachu trying to get his attention, was worrying. Especially when he did not try to get up to greet me and tried to force a smile.