I Reggie's P.O.V

I looked at the T.V with what could only be described as, a bemused expression. Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum was played on the screen, as he was leaving the Oreburgh Gym with the coordinator Dawn Berlitz. It looks like he had just won his first Sinnoh medal and they were on the way to the Pokemon Center when the news crew ambushed them.

How do I know this? Because my little brother was filmed earlier when they were trying to get inside the Gym. How ironic are the games of fate. Not even a month after their fated meeting at Professor Rowan's Gym, they end up meeting again on their first Gym Battle.

Ash Ketchum had changed my brother for the better. To the untrained eye, you could not see any change, but to someone who knew him well, it was crystal clear. The first sign was when he decided to trade Chimchar and what he asked in return was not a strong pokemon, which he clearly still wanted, he had asked for a pokemon that could handle his training methods. Wow... that had blown my mind. Not to mention, that he had started doubting if he truly knew what being a trainer meant and what true pokemon battles are.

It was all thanks to the Ace Ranger that I had started to get my little brother back. He had always been one that believed that winning and being strong was all that mattered to a trainer and pokemon. But what once was born out of admiration for me, had turned into a dark void of greed and desire to prove himself the best. What once was important for a trainer and pokemon, turned to only being important to be the best trainer.

I had blamed myself back then... but I could no longer be the Ace Trainer Reggie Shinji, who won badge after badge. I had found what made me truly happy and would not lose it for anything. I just... I just wished I could find a way to make Paul understand that it wasn't losing that made me leave pokemon battling. That losing teaches you to grow and learn, not break you. However, I was unable to do so.

Luckily, he had met Ash Ketchum and started to find his way through the right path. I hope he had learned a new lesson during this meeting as well.

"What did you just say?" The Ace Ranger's growl snapped me back to my T.V, even my Staraptor began to pay attention to the screen.

"I'm just saying that you should stop acting selfishly and start answering our questions." A middle-aged woman replied nosily. "After what happened with Hunter J people want answers and you can't fault them for that. Not after seeing what that monstrous Charizard can do."

"Oh, oh," I muttered under my breath. "She has done it."

If there's one thing my contacts in the Sinnoh League have warned me about when interacting with Ash Ketchum is to never insult his pokemon.

"Stop acting selfishly?" The Ace Ranger replied dumbfounded. "Me acting selfishly? Maybe you should stop acting so high and mighty and think about why I am not answering your questions."

"Excuse me?!" The reporter exclaimed, looking as shocked as her colleagues.

Not that I blamed them, it's always a big jump from the usual lovable Ash Ketchum to the outright angry trainer, whenever his pokemon are insulted.

"I just came out from a Gym Battle, wherein Arceus' name do you think, I am heading to? Yes, I won, but that doesn't mean my pokemon didn't get hurt. So, while I am trying to get to the pokemon center a lot of you are stopping me from tending to my injured pokemon. Don't talk as if you care about what people need or want. You did not ask a single question about Hunter J! All you wanted to know about is my relationship status and my favorite color! So, tell me who is acting selfishly here?!" He snapped at the woman, whose face both paled and turned red. "Don't you ever dare call my Charizard a monster!" He continued, hissing at the reporter who started shivering from fear at the angry expression on Ash's face. "He is the best and most loyal partner any trainer could ask for. Not to mention, that he saved many pokemon from falling under the claws of hunter J's Salamence, you ungrateful wench!"