III Paul's P.O.V

I watched the camp as I sat leaning against a tree. The clearing was filled with Pokemon. Pachirisu, Ambipom, and Buneary were playing in a corner, alongside Staravia and Chimchar. While their trainer was getting some self-defense lessons from Riley and his Lucario. The girl's starter was practicing his Ice Beam under Riley's Empoleon's watch. Buizel was doing some laps in the river, Scizor, Magnezone, Probopass, were under the shade of a big tree in another corner, relaxing with my Drapion, Honchkrow, Gliscor, and Hariyama. The arceusdamn electric princess was next to her father and adopted brother, as they watched Pikachu and my Electabuzz talk. Ash's fighting trio, Hitmontop, Primeape, and Heracross, were training like usual. Torterra was laying down next to me, he was deep in a serious conversation with Ash's Turtwig.

You may be asking how in Arceus's name I ended up traveling, even if it is for just a little bit, with Ash and his gang. Well, when I find an answer I'll tell you. 

I bumped into them while I was trying to catch Gliscor, which lead Ash to catch a Gligar of his own and invite me to join them as we were all going to Veilstone City. I don't even know why I ended up accepting, but when I tried to refuse only acceptance came out of my mouth. 

This lead me to various adventures, like helping Pokemon in need on the way to my hometown, and giving Ash a hand in capturing a pair of idiotic grunts from Team Rocket that were trying to poach a Hippowdon and a mad scientist. What were their names? Betch? Butch? Cassy? Naba?  It's not like it's important to know or I care to remember.

However, what's important to recall, is the advice my brother gave me about how to behave around Ash. Because of course, he would end up doing something completely insane and fight against Legendaries in the time I had not seen him. Who in their right mind does that? I do remember my brother saying that Ash was called in by the Indigo League to deal with Legendary situations, but I did not think he meant it quite literally. I simply thought he meant that he dealt with poachers or criminals trying to steal or hurt Legendaries, not that he fought the Legendaries himself!

No wonder his three months trained Pokemon whipped the floor with mine. He is beyond my level right now. No matter how hard it is for me to admit it, or how much his bleeding heart drives me crazy. Some things cannot be refuted. Like the fact that he beat the Tapus, even with them holding back my Pokemon would have not stood a chance.

"What are you thinking about so seriously?" Talk about Giratina and he'll come. I turned to my right to see the smiling face of The Saint. How does he smile that much? Don't his cheeks hurt? "May I join you?" He asked. I simply nodded my head. "Something wrong?" He asked as he sat next to me. 

"I was just thinking," I replied curtly.

Of course, that did not deter him, and he continued to prove with a simple question: "About?"

"About how far my team would go if they fought against your Pikachu," I answered just to shut him. 

Of course, that got me incredulous looks from not only Turtwig but my Torterra. My starter clearly remembers his defeat against Vibrava, and does not want to experience a fight against a Pokemon Ash has trained continuously for four years. Luckily, Ash did not laugh at me, but only looked thoughtful by my answer.

"I honestly do not know," Ash replied to my surprise. "If Pikachu was holding back and it was a continuous one-on-one fight against your complete team, it would tire him but I'd think he would still come out as a winner. A six-on-one fight while Pikachu was holding back, that would leave him injured but still as a winner. Unless you decide to implement some creativity, you might end up winning. Your Pokemon are after all well trained."

What was he saying? I asked myself, not believing my ears.

"What if Pikachu was not holding back?" My question made him look at me in disbelief. "What?" I asked him defensively.