I Gladion's P.O.V

"Lillie!" I exclaimed as I barged into my mother's office.

"Gladion! You are back!" Lillie's smile widened in happiness, as she threw herself into my arms.

I didn't doubt it for a second and returned the embrace. "What happened? Faba was arrested? Are you ok?!"

"Oh, Gladion! I am so happy you are back!" Mother threw herself at us and hugged us, I tried to resist but seeing my sister's happy face I stopped myself. My biggest regret from running away with Silvally was leaving Lillie behind. "I am so sorry Gladion for everything! I should have been there to protect you guys... I'm sorry for leaving you all alone while I withered in my misery."

I looked at my mother stunned by her words. Ever since our father had died all she has ever been interested in is work and her precious Ultra Beasts. She barely paid us any attention... even though, we had lost a father that day too. Yet, here she was present and asking me for her forgiveness. What had happened in those months I've been gone. When Aunty Wicke explained the situation I was boiling in rage. Ready to go hunt Faba and make him pay for the unforgiving crimes he had committed on my dear family. Umbreon next to me was not doing any better. He was growling and emitting dark energy around him. He looked feral... not that I was any better.

"Eevee evolved!" Lillie's excited gasp brought me back from my grim thoughts. I sighed at her words. My dear sister who once upon a time loved pokemon and could not stop herself from playing with them, who loved Umbreon with all her heart, now could not even touch a pokemon before freezing in fear. How it hurt my hurt, how it hurts Umbreon's heart. From the corner of my eye, I could see Umbreon's ears lowering in defeat. However, that did not last long. Surprising us both, Lilie kneeled next to Umbreon and took him into her lap, patting him. My heart ached at the scene, of my precious starter cuddling my sister and purring to his heart content. Umbreon lives Lillie as much as I do, and her being afraid of him broke his heart. "You look wonderful Umbreon!"

"Lillie... you can touch pokemon again..." I stuttered in shock.

"Ash was a dear and healed Lillie with the help of his Espeon!" Mother exclaimed in happiness. "He even caught Lillie's first pokemon! Show her to Gladion Lillie!"

"Right!" Lillie exclaimed, putting Umbreon down before standing up and taking out a Dream Poke Ball. "Come out Kō!" The light disappeared leaving a beautiful Eevee behind. "I mentioned to Ash about how much I love my brother's Eevee and how much I look up to you Gladion... so, he decided to give me one to celebrate me being able to touch pokemon again. I named her Kō, which means Sugar. I know it's kind of silly..."

Not being able to hold it back anymore I rushed forward and hugged her again, this time begging for forgiveness against her hair. I've never felt any more guilty than then. I left my little sister who had been traumatized alone and unprotected in a place Faba could easily come back and harm her again. I'll spend the rest of my life if needed to repent. As expected Lillie simply laughed and melted into my arms, happy that I was back and she had her family back together... or at least, most of us.

"I think I should take you there," mom spoke up, gaining our attention.

"Madam!" Hobbes exclaimed, eyes widening in shock. "Are you sure?"

What's going on? I thought concerned, as I tightened my hold on Lillie.

"They deserve to know and... Mohn would have wanted it," I gasped at my father's mention. Mother has not spoken of our father since the first month after his... death. Much less, mention him so easily.

Could it have been Faba's doing? I thought, getting angry again. He is so lucky the police got to him before I found out!

"If you are sure... Master Gladion, Miss Lillie, please follow me," Hobbes spoke, walking away. Lillie and I exchanged confused looks before following him. As we walked deeper into the house, Hobbes reveals a secret chamber with a connected basement hidden behind a bookshelf.