I Jolteon's P.O.V

I am so happy! I finally got to meet daddy! Not to mention, the trainer Gary-oniichan is always talking about. He is as cute as Onii-chan said he was. Everyone is so nice here, not that Gary-oniichan's team weren't. But Gary-oniichan's pokemon have their own groups and even if they were nice, you always felt left out if you tried to join them for anything. Ash-oniichan's team is a big family! You never felt left out or intruding, they all welcome you with open arms and play with you. They even told me to call them aunt and uncle!

What I did not like is that they are constantly trying to keep daddy and mommy way from each other... but I also understood. What mommy did isn't nice, she kept me from daddy!

Other than that, I love feeling so welcomed and hearing all about Daddy and Ash-oniichan's adventures. They met so many Legendaries! Daddy even defeated a Regice! Uncle Charizard has also defeated an Articuno! I can't wait for Sinnoh and meet the Legendaries there.

What's best is that Ash-oniichan has three other eeveelutions! I've never met another eeveelution than mommy. Aunt Espeon and Uncle Sylveon are so pretty! Glaceon is so cool! Pretty handsome too...

They taught me so much! I learned all the elemental fang moves and Bite. Daddy even taught me Discharge and Thunder Wave. He is now teaching me Thunderbolt, his signature move! He had me trying to hit the newly evolved Hitmontop-oniichan.

Or at least, he was until Grandpa Oak came to talk with Ash-oniichan.

"Professor Oak, what is it?" Ash-oniichan asked.

He raised his hand, Hitmontop-oniichan and I understood the gesture and stopped our training exercise. Daddy moved from his stop next to us and jumped on his usual spot on Ash-oniichan's shoulder.

"Ash, my boy, I just wanted to inform you about something so you'll have time to think about it rather than have them ambush you," Grandpa Oak said, now we were all confused. "Scott, Champion Lance, and Head Ranger Charles are coming to Pallet Town with a preposition each."

Now Ash-oniichan and Pikachu were looking at Grandpa with their jaws dropped. Why? Who are they? What's going on? All I know is that it seems important.

"Champion Lance/Champion Lance?!" Ash-oniichan and daddy shouted together, making me moan slightly- they were too loud!

"Yes, Champion Lance," Grandpa Oak chuckled. "When they heard that your training was coming to an end and you were leaving for Sinnoh in less than a week, they decided to come and offer you a job proposal. Champion Lance wants you to join his Elite G-men, but not any squad but the one he is in charge of directly."

"Really?!" Ash-oniichan gasped, shocked.

"Yes, really. What else did you expect? With all the good you've done for regions and the Legendaries, not to mention your win at the Battle Frontier, he would be crazy to not want you on his squad." Grandpa told him warmly, making Ash-oniichan blush. He looked so cute blushing! I now understand why Gary-oniichan loves teasing him. "Scott wants you to be a Frontier Brain and Head Ranger Charles wants to become a Head Ranger yourself."

"What's the difference between a normal Ranger and a Head Ranger?" Ash-oniichan asked.

"Well, you know how trainers are divided into Beginner Trainers, Advanced Trainers, Ace Trainers, Elite Four, and Champions?" Grandpa Oak replied with a question himself, I got closer wanting to know more.

"Yes, I do," Ash replied and explained further afterward. "Beginners are those who had only just began their journey and need to become Advanced Trainers they need to get eight Gym Badges and have at least participated in one League Conference or five ribbons and one Grand Festival. Most people stay as Beginners even if they've been trainers for years, as they participate in neither the Gym Trials nor in Contests. Then to become an Ace Trainer you need to have won at least two Grand Tournaments, they have been approved by the Pokemon League- even if they are not Regional Conferences. Then you'll need to train and become an Elite Four member or the Champion, to advance further. You can only become one if you are a trainer and in your own region. Coordinators can only advance to the Ace Rank."

"Exactly! I am so happy to see that my lessons with you have paid off," Grandpa said proudly, making Ash-oniichan blush again. "Beginners cannot become Rangers, and Rangers are classified into three categories: Normal, Ace and Head. Normal Rangers need to be at least of an Advances level, and you can only become an Ace Rangers if you are an Ace Trainer and have three years of experience under your belt. Talent and experience-wise, there is no difference between an Ace Ranger and a Head Ranger. Head Ranger's simply work as the Captain of a Ranger Precinct or they work for the Ranger Commission which is in charge of the Rangers all over the regions. They are offering you the position to be in charge of your own Precinct."

"But why? I am not an Ace Trainer or have three years of experience as a Ranger?!" Ash-oniichan exclaimed, stunned.

"Ash, really," daddy sighed, shaking his head. "Think before you speak, buddy."

"Daddy, you know what Grandpa meant?" I asked him.

"Yes, princess. So, would Ash if he wasn't so surprised," he answered me.

"Ash, you won the Orange Islands Challenge and the Battle Frontier, that makes you an Ace Trainer," Grandpa explained with a deadpan. "The paperwork is already through and you've been an Honorary Ranger since you saved that Larvitar Egg and they've realized how much you've done during your travels. Those are at least three years of service."

"I did not..." Ash-oniichan mumbled.

"Ash, I won't tell you what to do about Scott and Champion Lance, but can I give you an advice about Head Ranger Charles?" Ash-oniichan nodded his head, speechless. "Even if you don't accept his offer consider becoming an Ace Ranger," he said, startling both Ash-oniichan and daddy. "You already act like one, helping out pokemon, people, and Legendaries alike wherever you go. Problems seem to simply follow you around, being an Ace Trainer won't change anything. Because unlike Normal Rangers they don't need to work under a Precinct, they can work directly under the Ranger Commission and travel around being called to missions if they are close to any problem. It's not like you would refuse to help people, it's in your blood just like battling. Being an Ace Ranger would give you a job to fall back into, a salary, bonuses and the legal right to apprehend criminals. Not to mention, that whenever you bit more than you can chew... knowing you have the Rangers to have your back will make your mom and me feel better."

"Ah, that's a low blow, Professor." Ash-oniichan sighed, making Grandpa chuckle.

"Can you blame me with all the troubles you get yourself into?" Grandpa Oak replied. "Just... think about it. They'll be coming by in two days," he said, before returning to his lab.

"Nee, Pikachu," Ash-oniichan called out to daddy. "What do we do now?"

"Don't worry about it," daddy comforted him, rubbing their cheeks together. "I'll... we'll all accept anything you decide and follow you to the ends of the earth if needed."

Watching them both, I could only wish I could have that kind of closeness. The same closeness I can see between mommy and Gary-oniichan. But for now, I'll wait patiently until that day comes.