I Lance's P.O.V

"How's Ash doing?" Koga asked me, concerned.

The previous Elite Four and its new members were meeting at the Indigo Plateau to discuss how to proceed with the new formation of the League. Agatha was finally retiring and having Karen replace her as the new leader of the Elite Four. Will was taking Lorelai's place, as she desires to return to her homeland.

Not only to be able to focus more on her research but also because after the Shamouti incident, she has been worried about her islands. My cousin Drake was no longer enough to protect the Archipelago. Even after Ash flushed out the Team Rocket from there and became the Hero of Shamouti. So, she decided to return there and help Drake build an official Regional League.

Koga, on his part, was leaving the Fuchsia Gym to his daughter, Janine, and becoming the last member of the Elite Four. Right below Bruno, whose position had not changed from the former order. I, myself, now that the Elite four was finally complete, I can focus completely on my champion duties and my G-men.

Or, at least, that was the plan until Arceus damn Hunter J had decided to throw Ash off her airship.

I groaned and answered: "He is fine. His dislocated shoulder healed already," I sighed. "Fortunately."

"Honestly, the Sinnoh League should have dealt with her a long time ago." Lorelai huffed. I knew she cared and appreciated Ash a lot, especially after he did for her Islands. "They shouldn't have left Ash to clean up their mess."

"If you see it that way, then we have committed the same sin," Bruno commented grimily, making everyone grimace. "What's worse, even when Team Rocket's leader's identity revealed we had yet been able to deal with them. At least, not the same way Hoenn had flushed out their crime syndicates over a year ago."

That was something I did not want to be reminded of, less touch at the moment. One of our 13 pillars the leader of Team Rocket! It brought so much shame to our League. Not to mention, we have yet to find someone to fill out the vacancy in Viridian. I was thinking of having Ash fill it, but he has already surpassed the Gym Leader position. Maybe Professor Oak's grandson would like the position. He might be into research now, but his love for battling is still there and he is a strong trainer.

"At least, this brand-new publicity is working for you." Karen barked, smirking at a glaring Lorelai.

Not that she could deny her words. Ever since the Press Conference with Ash, Cynthia, Lucian, and Head Ranger Violet, all everyone is talking about is Ash. While many, if not everyone, in high positions, be it in the Police Force, Ranger Commission, or Regional Leagues, already knew about him, to the public he was still relatively unknown. But after this mysterious Ace Ranger appeared out of nowhere and captured Hunter J, everyone wanted to know about him.

Ash's Trainer History was laid bare for everyone to see. From his number of badges to his League Championship positions and Tournament wins. They even got ahold of that silly rumor about him using the League Conferences as a training ground for his new pokemon, and he was suddenly acclaimed as a genius trainer. Which he was! But not for those reasons!

The worst is that I know how much that rumor has been bothering Ash.

Luckily, his Ranger History was well guarded, the last thing Ash needed was ex-Magmas, ex-Aquas, and Team Rocket coming after his mother as a revenge plot. Unfortunately, many people seeing the news have come out to tell everyone about the time Ash has helped them. They even put out a T.V show called: The Time Ash Ketchum Helped Me Out.

The worst is that we cannot stop them as they all had some kind of proof, they hadn't invented the story. From a pokemon stylist to a pokemon photographer. Even Officers Jenny and Nurses Joy all over the regions were telling the news crews about their encounter with Ash. Even issues like Shamouti and Alto Mare were coming out to light.

People have even started to call him: Ash The Saint! Yes, with capital letters!

Everything became worse when the Royalty of Rota and the Mirage kingdom came out to talk. Hell broke loose. He wasn't just an Ace Ranger but a knight of two kingdoms. Not even I knew that. From my call to Ash, not even he had known about that.

Luckily, Ash had disappeared into the forest, hiding successfully from the media hounding him. But once he reaches Oreburgh City... it will be difficult for him to escape them.

It was not only him that was being hounded, his mother and Professor Oak are being bothered for an interview almost daily. Things got to a point that Delia had to move in with Professor Oak for protection. Even Ash's previous traveling partners and rivals were being interviewed.

The only ones who could be able to see a good side to this whole mess were Lorelai and my cousin Drake. Who while trying to form the Orange League they had decided that Ash would make a great Champion. Especially, since everyone at the Archipelago had known about him, since before his popularity had skyrocketed, and loved him as their hero. So, him being known all over the regions would be good publicity for them... if Ash does accept the position of course.

"It doesn't matter, anyway." I cut in before this could break into a fight. "They promised not to contact Ash until after the Sinnoh League is over."

I don't really know what had happened, but Ash was not the same one he had once been. He was constantly second-guessing himself and losing confidence in his abilities. His psyche was delicate at the moment, Head Ranger Charles, Scott, and I had already overwhelmed him, no need to add Lorelai and Drake to the mix yet.

This journey through Sinnoh would be what will make him or break him.

I sure hope is the former. The Pokemon World, as it is, cannot afford to lose him.

Ash Ketchum was needed. Especially, when so many changed were coming.

A/N:

I hope you are enjoying the story thus far, but what I want to tell you is: It's time for a voting contest! What do you think Ash's future work choice would suit him the most?

a) Ash accepts Scott's offer as the new Frontier Brain Leader. His building is based on Viridian with Gary working alongside him as the City's Gym Leader. Close to home and with the ability to travel to new regions whenever he wants to. 

b) Ash keeps on raising his rank in the Ranger forces. He still gets to travel but will have more responsibilities. 

c) Ash decides to become the newly made Orange League's Champion, with Drake and Lorelai as part of his Elite Four. He will get to travel but will have to return to the Archipelago various times to see if the changes he has made in the region were being followed. Like deciding their own Regional Starters, opening more Gyms over the region so that there would be eight, and creating a Lapras transportation system with the help of Lorelai so that trainers could go from island to island. If you choose this option, Gary might end up deciding to join Ash in the Archipelago and open his own Gym there. Please when you decide on one option, tell me why you chose it. Thank you! 

Ladies and gentlemen! The contest is finally closed! And the winner is option D!