I Professor Kukui's P.O.V

I sat stiffly on my seat, around the meeting table were some of the most important people in the world and Alola. To my right sat Hala, Kahuna of Melemele Island, to his right sat Nanu, Kahuna of Ula'ula Island, to my left sat Kaeo, Kahuna of Akala Island and grandfather of my student Kiawe, and to his left sat Sofu, Kahuna of Poni Island. Next to Sofu sat Lusamine, followed by the Kojiro couple, Madelyn and Martin, who had been kind enough to sponsor such a big event. Next to Nanu sat Champion Lance (for some reason both of them were quite uncomfortable with such seating position), next to him was Champion Chyntia, and between her and Martin, sat Champion Wallace.

Even I, as carefree, as I am, found it quite intimidated.

"Madam Lusamine, the news of Faba has reached me, my condolences. If you would like I request Gym Leader Sabrina to come and aid your family in your recovery." Champion Lance was the one who finally broke the silence.

I winced at the topic of conversation he had chosen. The kahunas and I grimaced at the reminder that an Alola citizen had committed such a horrifying crime. Especially when our culture preaches about friendship and harmony. How dare he do something like that to someone who had treated him like family?!

"Reached you? Don't you mean you found out when Ace Ranger Ketchum gave you his report?" Lusamine chuckled humourlessly, making the three champions and the Kojiro couple tense in wariness. My heart ached at the usually cheerful and upbeat Lusamine, was so down. "Relax, my family owes Ash a debt that we will never be able to pay back. Also, I know what his duties as a Kanto Ace Ranger entail, he had warned me he will need to report what might happen to you, Champion Lance."

"He is very straightforward and honest," Champion Lance replied with an easy-going smile, his posture relaxing when he realized Lusamine was not about to diss Ash.

"Why don't we start discussing how the Press Conference will be organized, as it is the first thing on the schedule for the week," Champion Chyntia advised.

"Shouldn't Ace Ranger Ketchum be present for this?" Hala inquired, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He told us to tell you that being here wouldn't be of any help," Martin explained. "He said that his experience on Press Conferences equals one. He is already uncomfortable with the idea of participating in one, the thought of planning one terrifies him." He said making us all chuckle.

"Not to mention, he is training his pokemon and readying them for the Saint Festival," Madelyn continued for her husband.

Right, The Saint Festival, the event that has the whole of Alola, not to mention the whole world, buzzing with excitement and anticipation. The Saint festival is a charity event sponsored by the Kojiro couple. They used the already planned press conference in Alola, to get their event known. The Festival consists of various lottery tickets being sold to trainers in the regions of Alola, Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn. Those lucky to have a winning ticket will be given free transportation to and from Alola and paid hotel rooms, for the duration of the event. All so they can compete in a televised event in the newly opened, thanks to the Aether Foundation, Manalo Stadium. Gym Leader Sabrina allowed her Alakazam Teleportation Service to be borrowed, it was her way to contribute to the charity event. Also, many hotels in Alola gave out free rooms for the ticket winners as well, then again, Alola was about to gain a lot of money from people all around the world that were coming to the Islands to observe the event live. The money gained just by the trainers buying out the lottery tickets to gain a chance to fight against The Saint, hit the roofs. Not to mention the ticket sells from the Manalo Stadium itself... they were sold out in a matter of minutes.

The Festival is a competition of double battles against Ash, for the chance of winning a weekend training camp with him, an evolution stone of their choosing, and an elite travel kit (with potions, antidotes, ultra balls, etc). They will only get one chance, one double battle each. The battles will be divided into Beginner, Advanced, and Ace Stages, with 30 participants in each stage, divided into two days. Just the other day we were informed of the pairs chosen by Ash to participate in the event: In the Beginner Stage, he will use Plusle & Minun, Ninjask & Shedninja, and Grandbull & Kricketune. In the Advanced Stage, he will use Espeon & Sylveon, Altaria & Vibrava, Zangoose & Hitmontop. As for the Ace Stage, he'll use Tauros & Muk and Pidgeot & Snorlax. However, we are the only ones that know. The trainers participating will be in the dark about the pairings that Ash had chosen.