I Riley's P.O.V

Like most people, I found myself curious about Ash Ketchum The Saint. Who was this trainer that came out from nowhere to captivated the masses? But it was only when Queen Ilene came out to tell everyone about what he had done for Rota and how he was a knight, that I started to purposely try to find out more about him.

While the queen coming out, herself, to answer questions was surprising, what shocked me was that she named Ash Ketchum a Blue Knight. That is a title only given every few generations. That is because only aura users can become a Blue Knight, and with our numbers lowering each year, there are not many of us out there able to achieve said title.

Not to mention, that one would need to awaken their aura and use it for great achievement. Which can only be accomplished if they had reached a certain proficiency in aura manipulation.

I, myself, have only achieved said title three years ago when I reached twenty-two years of age. So, a boy of fourteen being granted said title... was a shock, to say the least. Ash Ketchum had become the youngest person to have been knighted as a Blue Knight in history.

Lucario and I were very confused and a little bit worried. Normally aura awakens after years of meditation and getting used to nature. Or during a life-threatening moment, your soul would realize that there is no natural way to survive the said situation, or anyone close by to save you, and will awaken your aura manipulation to help you.

Though there had been moments in which the soul of an aura user was not fast enough, and they were dead before being able to awaken their hidden abilities. Which was the main reason why they stopped the archaic practices of putting aura users in life-threatening situations to awaken their powers. Such initiation processes were useless most of the time, not to mention inhuman.

So, concerned we decided to visit the queen to hear the uncensored story. Stunned did not start to comprehend how we felt, and furious. Why in her right mind did Queen Ilene allow him to leave without having a Lucario close his aura canal?!

Hearing that they did everything close to stalk him, to get Ash to call them back, calmed me down a little bit.

Especially, after Queen Ilene explained to me that when they tried to close his aura canals Ash ended up having panic attacks. Being an empath aura user, who had his aura canal forced opened and his only link to said unknown powers suddenly dead... it left him with various scars. Seeing the Lucario line would have only made things worse back then.

So, we took it into our hands, to find him and help him. With so few of us left, we have to stay together and help each other. I had never been more relieved than when Roark called me back to tell me that Ash and his friend were willing to meet me in Eterna City.

Then Champion Lance decided to visit me, to make sure I would not try and hurt him more. I was not really that surprised. The media has been talking about how close The Saint and Dragon Master were, not to mention that the Wataru Clan has gathered a lot of information throughout history about aura and its users.

What surprised me was the fact that Ash has only recently found out about the lingering effects of what Sir. Aaron's Lucario had done to him back at the Tree of the Beginning. That Ash is, in fact, The Chosen One shocked me.

Not a Chosen One, like Sir. Aaron had been. But The Arceusdamn Chosen One. One who no one had taken the responsibility of informing him about what he can do and what he is destined to accomplish. At least, that explained the ridiculous stories Champion Lance told me about Ash's adventures. Not that they were true stories... no matter how farfetched they sounded.

So, I gathered myself and prepared to take the role of The Chosen One's mentor...

Then someone decided to attack the museum and try to rob the Adamant Orb.

They were a professional team, who was on the police's wanted list. But before Officer Jenny tried to interrogate them about who had hired them, Ash already had the answer: Team Galactic.

Seeing the orb and knowing the stories about The Chosen One, I knew that it had something to do with Legendaries. But as Ash decided to keep quiet about it and not tell anyone, I decided not to say anything about it. Not even after I noticed that the orb had been replaced with a perfect replica... well, almost perfect. The Adamant Orb has an aura of its own, the replica didn't. However, that's something only an aura user can sense. So, no one else should realize the switch.

Though, I was happy Team Galactic's mission was stopped for now. I, also, felt very disappointed that I was left to escort Miss. Dawn towards the next town for her next contest, while Ash had to leave for some ranger work.

Nothing against Miss. Dawn, she is a lovely and good girl. But I had hoped for a chance to close Ash's aura canal and explain to him what's going on with his body. However, I could also clearly see he was still not comfortable with Lucario's presence, and that earning his trust will be difficult after being... hurt, to say the least, by aura.

"I'm sorry," Dawn suddenly apologized, cutting short her excited explanation about Pachirisu's new routine. I didn't stop walking but I did turn my gaze towards her and hummed in question. "About Ash," she clarified. "He was supposed to stay in Eterna City and have a proper conversation with you... but he just disappeared and left you to travel with me."

"I understand." More than most, I thought recalling the orb and myths. "He is busy with some important work. Even, if he was hiding from me, I wouldn't fault him. Neither would Lucario, we both understand that what he has been though."

"We do, don't worry young lady." My starter agreed with me, using his aura to be able to converse with her.

"I'm glad... he does need your help." Dawn continued, smiling shyly and a bit pained. "Both of yours."

"Pip-piplup!" The little penguin's sudden exclamation startled us. We looked down, only to see him pointing down the hill.

"Claire Town! We're already here!" Dawn exclaimed excitedly, the gloomy expression from before, all but disappearing. Surely, very excited about her next contest. "Look! Ash is already there!"

I rapidly turned my head to where she was pointing and, surely, I found him leaning against the entrance gate. Pikachu on her shoulder, Jolteon and Pupitar playing tag by his feet. But what caught my eye was the ease in his posture, the way he could hold my gaze without flinching. I watched as Dawn rushed down the small hill and threw herself at his arms, and I knew.

He was finally ready to accept help.