34 | numbness

🐬

🐬

"jisoo," the mentioned girl looked back and saw jennie waiting for her, dress in all white.

"we should be there before other people could see him."

she lets out a wary sigh, tearing up again for the same exact reason — she remembers how he died.. right in front of them.

it felt numb. her heart. her mind. her body. the pain. but that numbness she was talking about was still breaking her apart in a slow, torturing manner.

"chu.. there's no right for me to tell that everything's gonna be alright cause i know it won't.. but you know i'm always just beside you, right?" her bestfriend smiled at her and held her hand tight.

it was almost a week since she last saw her, or everyone else.

"i know.." she gave her the best smile she could ever show, atleast. "and it's the same to you, too, nini. you can always count on me."

"i know that too," jennie smiles at her before combing her hair to make her calm down. "so we better go.. he needs us right now, especially you."

right at the moment, she stood up, collecting all her thoughts and telling herself that she shouldn't let her emotions bury her.

just this time, she shouldn't.

"keep safe, kids, call me if something happens. your dad and i will go there later," jisoo's mom gently hugged them both.

and she felt the parent's love no one in the whole entire could ever give to her. the comfort, calmness, and pure love she could only have from her parents.

"will do, auntie. keeo safe too!" jennie was the first one to say goodbye before finally taking jisoo out from their house.

"yoongi used his father's car. the others are already here-" right after they stepped outside and jennie pointed the car, her friends rushed towards her and hugged her tight that she almost felt herself lose breath.

it was the very first time that they saw each other again after that day.

"jisoo!" lisa was the first one to embrace her and even sobbed on her shoulder. she kept saying her name that made jisoo tear up again as she slowly hugged her back.

"i'm glad you're fine.." she says back and hugged chaeyoung too who was making herself fit with their hug.

"and i'm happy you are too!"