02 | friends

🐬

🐬

"aren't we suppose to meet at seven?" jisoo pursed her lips to tell herself not to swim by herself when she heard the dolphins squealing at her. they were near the shore, probably because it's night time and villagers doesn't come there often at this kind of hour.

she'd been wanting to take a dip already. but she promised to wait for them- so even if she tries, she couldn't. promises should never be broken.

it's been past five minutes but she still couldn't see any of her friends.

roaming around the seaside to breathe nirvana's fresh air, she suddenly noticed a man lying down the sand, his arms covering his face so he could nap in peace.

"sorry," jisoo apologizes and bowed her head as she stopped moving the pedals when the man who was  sleeping slowly sat up and glance at her.

"i'm sorry for waking you up!" she once again mumbled and smiled. "also, have you seen where my friends went to? i mean- is there a group of people here earlier? did you see any of them?"

it took seconds before he answered in a low voice.

"who are you?"

she ignored his question and bent down a little to scan his face. her eyes adjusting from the dark, jisoo soon noticed that it was the mayor's first born. kim taehyung. their new classmate.

"o-oh, hi! you're the new kid, right?" she beamed and raised her hand to wave at him.

the latter only nodded, slowly creasing his forehead as he watch her grin so happily. she opened her mouth again, saying, "do you want some blueberries?"

she offered him her everyday basket full of berries. extending her hand to give him some, taehyung only shakes his head calmly. "no, thank you.."

"okay!" she smiled, again. "i better get going now! i still need to find them-"

"i saw jimin," taehyung coldly says. oh! yeah, he knows jimin.. jisoo nods as she waited for him to continue. "with a girl.. they were here earlier and said they would buy.. foods."

"really?" jisoo chimed. "thank you for telling me! guess i'd just wait for them then!"

"uh.. i didn't mean to eavesdrop at their conversation, by the way. they were just near me and jimin is kind of.. yelling everything he says."

she chuckled. "that's jimin for you. and you don't have to explain everything!" she nods at him, and he only stared at her for a whole five seconds before averting his eyes away and watch the dolphins playing happily at the sea.

"can i sit here?" jisoo pointed at his side.

taehyung shrugged. "last time i check this isn't mine. why are you asking for my permission?"

she laughed at his raw answers. "i just think you might wanted to be alone so.." she didn't continue her sentence and finally hop off from her bike, placing it beside them as she sat near him.

they both didn't utter a word. only appreciating the beauty of their small town as the dolphins continued squealing near the shore. nirvana's air softly blowing through their faces, which makes them calm down for an unknown reason.

[ this reminds of bravery omg help byE ]

"can i ask you a question?" jisoo decided to speak, not wanting the silence to eat them. she had been eager to talk to him since earlier, but of course jimin, the ever most friendly student in their whole school, talked to taehyung nonstop she didn't get the chance to get to know him.

he was actually seating behind her when their homeroom teacher aranged their chairs. lisa-chaeyoung seated on their right, and jungkook and jimin behind them. jennie and jisoo beside the windows and taehyung and yoongi also just behind them.

"as long as it's not about family," he mumbles shortly. jisoo slowly nodded as she realized something was probably off about his family- and it's a whole good thing that her question wasn't about them.

"it's not," she chuckles softly. "so.. why did you decided to live here.. uh.. again?" jisoo clearly remembers everytime their mayor brags about his son, it's always about how he was an achiever back in seoul. that one student who enjoys studying and not really that much of a party boy. so now she wonders why he came back here at his father's hometown.

"that's about family, so no answers," taehyung laughs a little before throwing her a small glance. "can i give you back a question?"

jisoo's mouth parted a little, realizing how smooth he was when he declined her question and used his private reasons.

she just nodded by then and pouted, disappointed that she didn't know the reason behind her curiousity.

"is it fun.. living here?" he hesistated to ask, looking away from embarassment when he realized how odd his question was.

but jisoo beamed happily, turning her head to face him before saying, "more than fun! it.. calms my nerves staying here. nirvana seems like a home more than a town. there's this thing like.. you know when you have problems or such, you just have to climb up to your roof and stare at this whole small town. it's really.. relaxing.."

they dive deep in silence again. with jisoo smiling and taehyung memorizing her words deep in his mind.

someday. he thought before breathing heavily. his eyes unsure where to look. dolphins? or.. jisoo..?

"uh.. you don't know my name, right?" jisoo asked before laughing, remembering his first approach when she talked to him.

he shook his head a little. "i remember now. jisoo." 

"wha- really?!" taehyung watched her beaming. seems like her smiles and laughs are easy to find. one small interesting thing you'll say to her and she'll just probably smile at you nonstop after that.

"the day i came here," taehyung started. "my dad drove me to his one of his friend's house.. jimin was there and we kind of.. talked. he introduced all of you to me through your pictures and selfies, that's why he called me 'bro' earlier."

"he's running for the friendlist candidate in school," jisoo snickered. now she knows why jimin went early that day when they met at the seaside.

"that's a thing?" he curiously says, not getting her joke.

"no, i'm just kidding," she laughed and stood up, noticing four people riding bikes, on their way towards them. "that's probably them! uhm.. do you want to hang out with us?"

taehyung glanced at the people screaming jisoo's name and to jisoo herself. he repeated looking back and forth to them as he finally raised a brow, saying, "what do you do in this kind of hour?"

"oh," she giggles. "we just usually swim and play with the dolphins. just to ease out stress or things that may have caused us problems.. we do that twice or more every week."

"..why?"

"as what i've said," she smiled softly, grabbing a few blueberries from her basket and placing it in his hands. "nirvana is our home."

🐬