Chapter 46 - Reformed

"Marcus... Fuck! Why?"

"I don't know, Zander."

"Hermosa, you know exactly why... Lizzie, we ain't have to pretend. Joceline was his girl. He always told me she the one and I ain't ever understood how he could be so sure. After seeing him without her, I realized how pointless he felt. He was always so chill, didn't care what anyone thought of him. He didn't care if he preformed like shit. As long as he was with her, nothing was bringing his mood down."

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Pico. He deserved better. We tried to brush it off and pretend we could move on from who we lost that day. I know all of us have had trouble sleeping or have broke down in the restroom alone... All because of our pride and not wanting to show weakness in front of each other."

"Liz... We have. At least I know I have. I ain't ashamed to say it. He was my bro, one of the best damned friends I ever had. He always had my back and always knew what to say to help me understand shit. He never judged anybody, always looked out for who he cared for. Can't say I know to many like that."

Rosalin entered with Vadice and Mallory. They explained what happened to her. We are all finally grouped up.

"We can't keep going like this."

"Agreed, Zander."

"Why would he do it?"

"Is that a serious question, Rosalin?"

We are all gathered in the living room, even Mallory and RJ are here.

"We all need to stay focused. Leave the drama behind you the moment time freezes. Nathaniel and I talked about this and every time there's an issue, you either need to open up and figure it out. Otherwise, shut the hell up and focus on what matters. If we can't do that... Well then, we're all as good as dead."

"I have to say, Zanders right. We have lost more soldiers than any other generation of Warriors. So we need to all let it out now."

"Well, hermosa, this one here, Mallory, is the only issue. This puta killed hundreds of innocent people and everyone ready to drop that. Marcus wasn't and neither am I. She killed Holly- fuck, she killed humans... Our own blood. She apart of why the government is so fucked. They get away with murder just cuz they military and whatever bullshit. It's unforgivable."

"I agree."

"Huh?"

"Yeah. What I did is in fact unforgivable. There is no making up for that. Hate me as much as you want and I completely agree. But, we have to push feelings aside and stay focused. General thinks we have a chance to end this war and... well, this group is strong and if we stayed focus we can achieve that goal. What's done is done. Just know that I understand what I did was so horribly wrong and work with me to prevent any more lives at risk for good."

"You did help me out. For that... and for everyone who died... they are the reason I will end this with you. But that's it. Don't interact with me unless it's necessary for our jobs here."

"Thank you, Pico. That goes for everyone. If you don't like her don't interact with her more than you have to. No more attempted murders or bullshit. We can't lose any single one of you and that's including her. Got it?"

"Yes, sir!"
Everyone responds to Lizzie.

"Anyone else have anything they need to clear?"

"Yeah. I do."

"What is it, Riveck?"

"I'm not getting the respect I deserve around here. Constantly looked frowned upon and for what? Because I was trying to save the world. I never had bad intent. Also... I need my real partner back, Pozhar."