Chapter 47 - No Mans Land

It's been a hard few months. We've certainly been putting the work in at the army. Lizzie, Zander, and I have come up with the codename of Waffle for the army. That allows us to talk more freely about it during lunch or in public.

We have all become closer, more or less. We are strong and we haven't lost anybody in a long time. It worries me though. Quade had once told me that whichever soul Corrupts you, has full senses of your body. Lizzie and Kingston have both more than likely killed their Corrupted as they have never been hunted nor do they have an intelligent Corrupted such as Claw Corrupting them. It has stuck with me every mission we go on.

I have yet to tell anyone about that fact though. I worry of what they would do to me were I to tell. Maybe Quade was wrong. Claw has yet to send a full-fledged attack on us. Although, I still have nightmares... with him and this sword. The sword always looks different and Claw seems to be trying to persuade me to take it. I don't know. It's weird. I'm not sure what to make of it.

"Hey, hurry up and get out of bed. You're gonna be late for school. And before you say it, no. You need to get up and get dressed. We aren't having another day like last time because you were too lazy."

"Yeah, yeah. You already gave me this lecture."

She smiles and heads into the restroom. Lizzie has started living with me, slowly redecorating and adding her own things to the house. She's also been teaching me to properly drive so I can get my license and drive the cars my parents got me.

Everyday Lizzie dresses up... I guess it's normal for her but it's like she's constantly glowing. I get embarrassed and my breath gets heavy every time I see her. Today, she's dressed casually with an off-shoulder black designer-shirt of her own brand logo LZ and black leggings. Her hair is out and wavy with no frizziness or extra hair sticking out. She has her makeup along with some accessories on.

It's fascinating to me that this isn't a big deal for her and that this is her casual look. I also could never figure out if the LZ stood for "Li-Zee" or Lizzie Zaeva... That's something interesting to find out one day.

.......

"What a shitty storm we had to drive through."

"Yeah, it was out of nowhere. Fucking maniacs on the road almost hit us three times."

A few people around us look to Lizzie with uncertain or disgusted looks.

"Alright, everyone, get out your notebooks for some notes. Today, we are learning about-"

*beep!*

"Lizzie, Nathaniel, and Zander we need you in the front office. Lizzie, Nathaniel, and Zander, to the front office. Thank you."

"Hmm. Weird."

"Yeah, Nathaniel... It is."

...

As we arrive there are tons of other students lined up here. I guess all of the other Lizzies, Nathaniels, and Zanders came too.

"There y'all are! What the hell is wrong with you three?!"

General?! What is he doing here?

"Erm, what do you mean, sir."

Everyone else is staring at us. He really should've given them last names to call for.

"You three have been called countless numbers of times and you all are ignoring orders!"
General tries to whisper angrily.

"I haven't gotten anything."