Chapter 4 - Encountered

Ugh. Huh? What the hell?

"Ack!"

Why am I being thrown?

"Oomph!"

I hit the bottom of a good four-foot-deep hole.

Wait...

The hole! They're trying to bury me!

Argh! Why... Why can't I move my body?!

They're starting to pile dirt on me.

Why does this have to happen to me? I can't do anything but tear up. Is this my fate? Is this how I'm meant to die?

I can feel my ribs getting tighter and tighter as each clump of dirt is dumped onto me making it harder and harder to breathe.

Dirt's getting into my mouth, nose, and eyes. Fuck, why!?

It hurts... so much...

Please, end this.

I barely gasp for any bit of air I'm able to get, Inhaling dirt along with it. I cough and struggle. I'm trying so hard to move, but I can barely feel my body. Not because of the weight of the dirt being piled on me, but because I'm losing blood, or at least I... I-I was-

.......

I...

"Am I dead?"

I hear a chuckle to my right.

I'm in bed. It's not an infirmary or hospital but... it's not my house either.

I still can barely move however, I feel much stronger than I was.

I turn and I see-
"Lizzie?!"

She looks amused.

"So how do you feel, stupid?"

"Uhh-I... How did you?"

"I'm sorry about my boyfriend. He can be dramatic at times, especially when it comes to me... As well as when it comes to you, apparently."

"What happened? Where am I? What day is it?"

"Calm down, okay. I found out what Zander was doing and obviously murder isn't okay. He's not such a bad person, he just really truly cares about me and he doesn't want to lose-"

Suddenly, I remember everything he was saying about Lizzie.

"Lizzie! I don't think you know him as well as you think you know him."

It stays quiet for a second.

"Okay, you need to shut up. Now! Okay? I'm really pushing it doing this for you and I don't need you trying shit."

"No, he was talking about doing horrible things to you an-"
"Shut up! You're so full of it right now!"

...

I stayed quiet for about five minutes.

I guess now isn't a good time to tell her.

She continues to finally speak.

"Look. You're safe; you're in my house. Once I found you, I got them to carry you to my limo. I took you here immediately for care. It's 10 P.M. and your parents-"

She hesitates before she continues her sentence.

"Well, from what you said, I don't know if they care, but they might be worried sick."

"Thank you."

"The medicine I gave you should help you get better. In about ten more minutes you'll feel great, and you can head on home."