Chapter 18 - One Sided

"So, Nathaniel, it looks like you're all good to go. Nothing is in your system anymore and you're fully healed now. Just go to the front and check out whenever you're ready."

"Thank you."

The doctor leaves and Lizzie looks ready to go. She looks toward me a few seconds after the door closes...

"Alright let's go. You're feeling fine right?"

"Yeah but, what's the big rush about?"

"Ugh, come on!"

She grabs me and drags me out of the room and straight to the front. She starts signing out immediately. She's in such a rush. What does she have planned? I have also noticed, Lizzie has started to drag me everywhere lately. I don't know if that's a sign hinting at anything or what... But I kinda like it. It's adorable...

"Nathaniel, sign here."

"Uh... Okay, there-Ahh!"

She pulls me straight out the door. She heads straight toward the barracks...

.......

Lizzie seems to be in a cheerful mood. She doesn't seem annoyed or displeased to be around me. She seems excited right now like she's ready for something. It's a tad bit unsettling but at least she's not mad at me anymore. I can't stop thinking about what happened while I blacked out... It could've been nothing much but it just feels like a whole chunk of my life just went out the window...

We finally arrive back to the Warriors barracks. The door scans us... The door opens and we go inside. She pulls me into our room and she slams the door shut...

"Put on nicer clothes and get ready to go out."

"Why-"
"Shush! I don't wanna hear any questions. Hurry up."

"Okay then?"

She acting strange... Where does she wanna take me? She grabs a bag and goes to the restroom, probably to change...

I get dressed in a full white suit with a black dress shirt underneath. A very clean look that hopefully Lizzie approves of. I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner in the sink. Ever since the last time we went out together, she probably expects me to have a better sense of how I dress and act around her...

She comes out of the restroom dressed luxuriously! She's wearing all sorts of jewelry and a beautiful red short dress that goes down to her knees. Her hair is out, long, wavy, and just perfect. There are no frizzy hairs or anything sticking out. Her makeup and everything just makes her even more stunning and absolutely gorgeous! I stand in awe, feeling like I underprepared. She managed to get that readied, that fast! It's impressive... We stare at each other for a moment...

"Well look who got an improvement. You look good Nathan."

I chuckle as my face gets red from embarrassment...

"Well, you are certainly much better looking than I am. Quite stunning honestly..."

She giggles and brushes her hair around her ear...

"Come on, let's go."

She grabs my hand and we start walking out. It doesn't feel as forced this time. She lightly pulls to guide me. Neither of us is pulling away or yearning to let go like we normally do...

"Where are we going?"

"I told you, no questions."

We approach the front door but, Narrisa is standing at the front door. She's all dressed up, wearing a long black dress and too much makeup to the point that she looks like a doll...