Chapter 33 - Get Up

"Your human too?"

Slowly this Corrupted turns fully human. A man who puts his arm out for me. I grab his hand and he pulls me up. He seems just as amazed as I am.

"Y-You're... Just like me."

"..."

"Come quick, we must return to shelter before long! More are sure to come with the scene we've made."

I follow these two Corrupted... Human? I'm not sure.

The man reverts back to his Corrupted form and runs. I can't... I can't turn. I'm afraid if I push myself any farther I'll turn for good. The voices are louder than ever and the scar on my back is burning like hell.

We eventually make it to this hidden cave down a hill and between two giant mountain-sized crystals.

The man slowly turns back into his human form while one stays Corrupted.

"Welcome to our home."

He is somewhere around six foot and has a soft shaped face. He looks to be some sort of Asian with hazel eyes. His hair is a light brown faux hawk. He is very muscular and looks to be in his twenties.

"..."

"So, you can control it too?"

"Yeah, I have for a long time."

"Oh... Who is that over there."

"It's someone you know I'm pretty sure."

"Who?"

"Alice."

"Uhm... No, I have no idea."

"Oh, nevermind, I think I'm mixing you up with someone else then."

"Yeah, I have never seen you in my life before."

"..."

It's very awkward. I don't know why. We should both be ecstatic to see another who is just like us. For some reason, I'm just at unease...

"I thought there was nobody else here. I didn't think anyone else could control Corruption like me."

"What about her? Is she shy? Or- it's because of the clothes, huh?"

"No... She's fully Corrupted. I don't think she's alive since she doesn't react to the sight of humans she would normally recognize... She kept herself pure of sin or whatever it was. I think that's what keeps her Corruption still, quote on quote, human. She still hates Corrupted and doesn't thirst for human blood."

"Oh, so she's gone then... Well, do you at least know why we aren't Corrupted?"

He sighs... He sits on the ground and puts his head down...

"I don't know, man... I mean all that shit I said about her is just what I've come up for reasoning. I'm not a doctor and I don't run tests... I have no idea why anything happens. I don't know why I had to be the one who survived."

I sigh...

"Yeah. It's not easy having unanswered questions. Especially with this shit. Everyone outcasts you and thinks your a monster."

"Everyone?"

"Yeah, I mean... You know, everyone at home base."

"I haven't seen them since I've been Corrupted... Wait... You mean you've been home since you've been Corrupted!?"

"Erm... Yeah."

"So? What happened? How did everyone react?"

"Uhm... Well... As I said, everyone treats me like an armed bomb. Everyone I knew changed and became scared of me. Well... There was someone who protected me... She was scared to... But she had faith and trusted me. Without her, they would've killed me on sight... and I guess they wouldn't have gone back down for me at the helicopter either."