Chapter 32 - Upheaval

Lizzie and I go get all of the Warriors grouped together in the living room again.

There are very mixed emotions going on in the room as everyone waits for Lizzie to bring Pamela into the room. Zander chose to sit next to me along with Corn on the couch. Everyone seems to be looking at me...

"Sorry, Zander."

"Huh? What for?"

"For attacking you."

"Yeah... Whatever, I guess."

I feel horrible. So much shit happened within the past day! I forgot how much people-So much blood! Must eat! So hungry.

"Argh!"

"Nathaniel? What's going on with him?"

"I don't know, Corn!"

"Well do something!"

"Rosalin... Why are you all looking toward me; what do you expect me to do?"

"Hahaha!"

"Stop laughing, Vadice!"

"Marcus, this shit is too funny."

"Nathaniel, what's wrong?"

"Joceline-Argh! Get away from me!"

I grab my head. Fuck! I gained such a strong headache. Pamela and Lizzie run in and approach me. Joceline is crouched down in front of me. I don't know-
"Ack!"

But they all look so delicious! Lizzie looks... So good... I need to...

Eat!

"Nathan, calm down. It's fine, just relax."

"Lizzie, he's a fucking monster! We can't keep doing this!"

"Zander, he's fine... He can control it. Just trust, if not him, me."

"Ugh... If you say so, Liz."

"Nathan, listen. Hey, it's me. Snap out of it. Don't let it control you."

"Lizzie? I... I can't feel... My back-Argh!"

Must... Eat! Why... Won't you... Die!

"Must eat! Smells so good!"

"Lizzie! Get away from him!"

"Nathaniel... I trust you to not hurt me... I know you're in there."

(The left side of Nathaniel's face slowly Corrupts. His jaw grows long and has sharp shards of bone along the edge of it. The bone around his eye deepens into what looks like a crater and his pupils turn purple.)

"Are you so sure, little one?"

"Lizzie!"

(Everyone arms themselves ready to shoot with the exception of Lizzie.)

"Lizzie, what are you doing?"

(Lizzie and Nathaniel's Corrupted side stare at each other. Nothing can break their attention from each other, almost as if they can read each other's minds.)

"He only prolongs the inevitable. I will take over and kill you all!"

(Nathaniel reverts back to his normal form.)

"Nathaniel?"

I gasp for air...

"I'm sorry."

"Nathaniel, you're back!"

"Lizzie, seriously? He was just a fucking Corrupted not four seconds ago!"

"I... I'm sorry."

"No, Nathaniel. You're fine."