Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 2/2)

(The screens shows a rapid cycle of codes until it stops on P160 Vs G2752737.)

"The Shadow Walker Vs our only Purple ranking participant, Kingston! Now, switching over to our commentators."

*The crowd Cheers!*

"Who the hell is Kingston?"
James says.

I'm practically speechless.

"It's a gang member who killed Pico's family... Why the hell is he here?!"

"General had decided to let him have a chance to join the Warriors based on how he performs tonight. I do not believe that you, Nathaniel, have any right to argue as you were given a big unearned opportunity as well. However, from what I have gathered he is a very reasonable man who has been dealt some bad hands. He is also a very talented soldier, so I believe General sees something in him others don't. Sound familiar?"

I'm pissed. However, she's right. I've been in his situation before and it's difficult being misunderstood and forced into situations.

"So, this guy is getting away with murder?"

"Well, no. He was a top-dog and let others do the dirty work for him. He has murdered, however, it was his own gang members that he killed. Yes, it doesn't give him the okay to do so, but, General has heard his story and has his ways... Now he's been given his first and last chance to prove himself."

"Damn... I always knew General had power, but I never realized it was that much power!"

I keep quiet.

The dome sets a huge wooden flooring. There are two tunnel entry-ways for the contenders to enter from.

The two enter the dome. They both begin waving to the crowd. However, as Pico slowly realizes who his opponent is, his demeanor quickly changes. The two are being led to each other in between the two entrances to pay-respects and wish their opponent good luck. That's a tradition at these events to do so.

Once they reach the center, Kingston keeps his hands down and stands tall. He has a smirk as he looks badass, like a boss. Pico spits at his feet and quickly turns around to head back to his transportation-pod.

The crowd is going nuts with mixed emotions. This must not happen very often. Kingston turns and walks away dominantly.

"What a turn of events we have here. Folks, we may be looking at a grudge match between these two! Whatever their history, I am sure we will be having quite the first-round match here tonight!"

As the dome empties, the arena begins to construct. It looks like a giant bunker. The walls are tall and made of steel. There are metal beams along with metal poles all around the map. It looks random and dangerous for hand to hand combat.

Pico and Kingston spawn in and the match begins!

"And they're off! P160 rushes into cover. What's this? Kingston seems to have what looks to be a metal rod."

"I sure hope he doesn't plan on using that against the Shadow Walker. The whole purpose of a Signature Melee is to, well, be your melee weapon."

"The fact is, some would rather have a melee weapon as their primary. However, normally only very high tiers have that sort of thing going on."