Chapter 29 - Who Are You

"Lizzie! Where are we going?"

"You'll see in a minute."

She laughs and rushes me into this building with no name or label. She steps up to this receptionist.

She gives the lady at the counter a folder of paperwork. The lady looks to us with a smile and welcomes us towards this walkway named VIP section. The lady opens a door and lets us through. There is a bunch of equipment, weapons, suits, and bright machines!

"Lizzie, what are we doing?"

"I talked with the General. You never got a proper introduction. All soldiers are normally given a free set of equipment. This includes a Primary, Signature Melee, and protective skin suit armor which you already have. But, you've never gotten your secondary. For-er... compensation of their mistake, the General has personally given you a whole free premium set for you to customize and build as you please. One Primary, one Secondary, one Signature Melee, one suit of armor, fully customized for free. So, get to it then."

I'm almost too stunned to say or do anything.

"Woah. I... Really?"

"Yeah. Go wild."

She smiles and I rush inside. The machines are almost like vending machines with a holographic screen where you get the basic materials you want. I've memorized a ton of parts and gun types to use. I have limitless options mixing and matching parts for guns with attachments.

.......

"Nathaniel, are you done?"

It's been a good few hours. Luckily I had already planned exactly what I wanted to do for every piece of equipment.

My primary is the Ump-45, but, modified to have these acidic-like bullets that melt everything around it making them dissolve into blue particles. The magazines also have this coruantic device that connects it to my storage. When I reload, all I have to do is unclip the mag and a new one appears. I just have to make sure there's ammo in my storage to take from.

It also has the simple attachments I wanted like an ACOG scope, extended mag, green laser, extended barrel for range, and a flash hider. I also put a selective fire on the gun to control it better for any situation.

For my secondary, I chose to have a Glock-20. It's a pretty fun gun to use, in my opinion. I give it some basic attachments: an easy-squeeze trigger, green laser, extended mag, and the same kind of bullets as my Primary. It has a built-in suppresser and a comfortable grip. I chose to leave it with the iron sights simply for the fact that I just like it better.

For my Signature Melee, I gave my Bayonet knife a comfort grip, laser heat blade that only outlines the blade, and I decided to have, ZSEN, etched into the side of the blade. The knife also has an auto sharpen fused into the knife using Coruantic.

Finally, for my armor, I colored it jet black and strengthened the graphene inside it making it just a bit heavier. I also infused it with Coruantic so that when it tears it will shortly repair after a delay while it figures out it has been torn. I had to fuck with its system to get it to only repair itself when I'm fully human.

"Yeah, I'm just about ready."

I close things down and walk outside. I see Lizzie who's grown impatient.

"It's about time, stupid."

"I actually went pretty fast!"

"Whatever. Come on, I'm hungry."

"Right, I'm starving."

"Wanna go to Pico-"
"..."

Pico is gone.