Chapter 2 - Blackout

"Zander... Fuck!"

He must've found out already. He's prepared to kick my ass right when I got out of class. I turn around and there he is, charging at me with full speed. Along with his two goons, Johnny and Ryker, following close behind.

There's no point in running. After all, he is the top running back for the school's football team. Hell,  he's even top of the state I'd assume.

He slows down and with no hesitation, he punches me clean with a right hook.

"What the hell were you doing with my girl?"

It's times like this when I wonder, where the hell are the teachers and faculty?

I slam into the lockers after he sent me flying with that punch. Honestly, I'm just terrified of having a concussion.

As I lay on the floor, I see Lizzie. She seems impatient, waiting, leaning against the wall.

"Uck!"

He picked me up and starts punching me repeatedly.

In the jaw, then the nose, then my gut, then three times in the ribs.

"Know your fucking place, Nathaniel! She's way past your league, bitch."

He throws me across the hall-Ack! I hit the floor and slide straight into the wall!

"Agh!"

.......

Huh?

What the hell? I have a fucking horrible migraine.

Wait, where am I? This is my bed! Why am I home? I was just at school.

This migraine feels like my head is one nerve away from exploding.

I try to remember what just-Ack!

.......

Huh?

Did I blackout?

I look at the ceiling.

I can't even bother to get up and go through the hell of asking my parents. They wouldn't even care anyway.

I'm so confused and that's just making my migraine worse.

I think I'm just going to rest until I feel better.

.......

*yawns.*

Wow! As I stretch, I notice my migraine has gone down to just a small headache.

What day is it? I reach for my phone...

It's cracked. Fantastic. Well, it still works.

Hey! It's the twenty-first, my birthday! It's an excuse to pretend to be happy and try to enjoy what little I have in life.

School starts in an hour so I should start getting ready.

.......

I get dressed in a nice t-shirt and black jeans and I style my hair a bit. As I head toward my door to leave my room, I hear my parents arguing and yelling.

"He needs to go! That little shit has been nothing but a nuisance ever since you had him!"

"Yes, and I agree. But you have to understand, in the condition he's in right now, we can't just throw him out. I want him out just as much as you do. There's no way in hell I'm going to be labeled the shittiest mom for this. You know how the Jane family is. So we do this right."

"Oh god, here we fucking go again. You don't wanna be a shitty parent-phh! We've had to deal with this for eighteen years now! He ain't my kid and we don't need a constant reminder with us of the whole rape situation. You don't want him, I don't want him, he goes as soon as possible!"