Chapter 51 - Conspiracy

Ugh... I-I'm not dead! I feel so weak. A Corrupted is dragging me somewhere. Damn! They really don't care. They backstab me all the time and I'm only now seeing it. Claw. He was human... But he's not anymore! Fuck! I don't know. What if he really does have a point. No, they are just monsters! What the hell am I talking about?

"Ah, good. Leave him. He is no enemy. He is a welcome guest."

What the hell?

The Corrupted lets go of me. I'm in an underground room of sorts. There are... people?! They are sat at some table on some sort of indoor balcony. There are three, two on opposite sides of each other and one in the middle facing down towards me.

I slowly get up.

"Who are you?"

"We... We are, as you know, three members of one of the two missing squads you seek for."

"Why are y'all here?"

"Enough questions. We seek to guide you. We were lucky enough to catch you so willingly. I assume you have come to us. I assume that means you know what must be done."

"No! I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Ah, I see. Zsen... You possess enough power to wield the Heart of Life and rebirth this planet to be pure."

"Wait... You mean that sword, don't you? What is it, exactly?"

"It has immense power. Can grant the wielder extreme control over all... life. You can end this war immediately with it. You can make all things right in this world and rid it entirely of the corrupt ways of the world."

"You mean humanity."

"Imagine a world, filled entirely of nature and life. No more destruction. Just the way life was meant to be."

"You three... You were the ones that attacked the group, not Corrupted! Where are the others?"

"Take him away. Zsen... You hear our offer. Come with us and rule the lands ending all suffering once and for all."

"Shut the fuck up. Quit acting all evolved and high and mighty. You three are less than dirt."

I spit to them as Corrupted claw at me and push me toward a hallway.

Corrupted have an intelligence somehow. They understand each other and have some sort of order. They know their place. They may be more organized than we thought, however, that doesn't mean the military was keeping that from us. These things kill people for fucks sake.

I enter an empty room that is immediately closed up behind me with a transparent purple mist. I guess they want me to make a decision. That or they are planning on keeping me prisoner until I submit to defeat. I have gotta find a way out of here.

.......

Damn! No luck. Wait... I hear someone!

Suddenly they throw some guy into the room with me and the mist appears once more. It must be some sort of magical door or something.

"Zsen?"

This guy looks young maybe early twenties. He's about five foot six inches tall. He has a black crew cut style of hair and ocean blue eyes. He has a nice strong jaw and he's clean-shaven. He has a fierce yet sophisticated look.

"Huh? Yeah, do I know you?"

"No... but I know-erm. Nevermind. Look, you need to listen to me and listen well. Carter Jones is not a good guy, such as he makes himself seem."

"Bro, shut up. What? They throw you in here to convince me to side with them?"

"What? No! You have no idea what's going on. There is a much bigger picture here than you realize."