Chapter 12 - Preperation

I walk back to the kitchen and go to where I left my food...

A real Corrupted. Geez, I really hope that's not the case. Although, Lizzie makes a lot of sense and if she says it could happen, she's probably right.

I'm not hungry anymore. Just the thought of that thing and what they can do just makes me sick. I'm just gonna take a shower, change clothes, and rest.

Ahh. It's so nice to finally relax. The shower was nice and cool just how I like it. I got into my sweats and didn't even bother with the shirt. I just jumped straight into this full-sized bed. When did Siberius say to meet him? 40:00? That's not a normal time but I think I understand it. If we stay here for 48 hours while time's frozen, time probably just counts up until 48... Or at least until everyone leaves probably. So wait! That means it's almost over! Thank fuck, I can finally go back...

Home...

Right...

When I go back, that'll be the last time I'll get to see home... Damn, it feels like it's been so long since I've been home. My life has really changed a lot now. I'm going to be in a new home, people at school are going to probably still treat me like shit, but it'll definitely be different after everything with Lizzie for the project. And now, with this military. I just hope I'm not outcasted here like I am at home. It seems great so far, in a weird way, but, with me not meant to be here, it makes me kind of worry...

.......

"Nathaniel!"

Ughh, Lizzie is hollering to get me up. I must've passed out because the last thing I remember was just laying down thinking to myself.

"Come on, we gotta start getting ready."

"Alright, I'm getting up. Would you close the door so I can start getting dressed?"

"Thank yo-"
She closed the door but, she didn't leave.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure you get up. I can't risk you being a lazy slob and have you going back to sleep when I leave you."

"Don't be ridiculous, you know I'll get up."

"Maybe. But I have to be sure."

"Well then turn around at least."

"In what world would I ever turn my back to you? I'm not about to make myself vulnerable to you, I have no trust like that for you."

That's a lot of bullcrap! She's clearly making up excuses and it's horrible how bad she is at it.

"Lizzie, you need to give me privacy. So either turn around or go outside the door! You'd be safer wou-"
"Shut the hell up and don't talk to me that way, asshole! Now hurry up, you've done pissed me off."

She storms out. I'm so confused by everything she just did. None of her reasons or anything made sense.

I dress into more workout clothes maybe a little looser than what I wore before but it works. I look over on a shelf in the room and see a digital clock. 38:45?! Why the hell is she rushing me so early?! Well, it's apparent that she loves being early to things for sure, but that's just ridiculous. We aren't at all far from where he wants us to meet him. So now, we basically aren't doing anything for an hour.

I walk out and Lizzie is sitting on the couch in this living room area by the front door.

"Hey, why did you wake me up so early? We don't need to meet him until 40:00."

"Nathaniel, I need you need to be awake and I need to make sure you are ready for whatever they throw at us for this final test."

"A Corrupted... We could handle that right? They wouldn't let a strong one here, would they?"