Chapter 39 - Compromise

"Everyone's in position. It's up to you now."

I approach the entrance.

The guards gave me clearance and allowed me inside. Guess they're with me. As I walk inside the General's office, I notice a huge change in scenery.

This room is now huge and has a staircase leading to a huge glass room. The staircase has a left and right side and goes straight into the wall. The wall side splits the staircase and leads up into the glass room on both sides.

*Slam!*

The doors slam behind me and suddenly guards surround me, pointing their guns in my direction.

Suddenly speakers come on.

"So you want to bring Chaos in my military base?"

I look up to the glass room and see Mallory, Lizzie to her left and Jocelin to her right!

"We'll see how long that lasts."

She slams Jocelines head into the glass and leaves a blood splatter! She lifts Joceline by the back of her neck. Shit, I've seen this already!

"Woah, woah! Wait, please."

She pulls a knife to her neck!

"So, what's your brilliant plan, Z237?"

"Look! Let's figure something out; let's make a deal!"

"I'm not looking to make any deal with the face of our enemy!"

"I'm not your enemy. I don't care what you think about whether or not I'm Corrupted. However, I know my enemy is Corrupted. I know how we can stop them... Surely you want what's best for this country; you need to end this war."

She lowers Joceline. Joceline is barely able to struggle or move.

"Let's say you're being truthful... There's no way in hell I'd allow myself as General to work with a Corrupted, human or not!"

I sigh...

"Things could've been peaceful-they still can be!"

"You're right. Things really could've been."

She slits Joceline's throat and rips her head off!

"Shit!"

*Gunshots and Explosions!*

"What the hell! Mallory knew our plan!"

All of her guards turned away from me and shot my guards who were meant to assassinate them. The metal doors slam open! Marcus, Rosalin, and Vadice come through.

*Plop. Plop. Plop-plop-plop.*

Joceline's head rolls next to Marcus. Mallory tossed it through the glass.

"I-I trusted you... I trusted you, Nathaniel!"

He charges at me with his primary weapons, his gauntlets.

"Woah, hey settle down-Agh!"

He shot a flaming fist into my gut and tackles me!

"Ack!"

He switched to his rockets and punches my face over and over again.

"You let her die!"

"Marcus, get off him!"
Rosalin shouts!

"Ack! Fuck!"

My eyeball! Fuck! I can't see!

I think he exploaded it with a single punch. Damn! I must fight back!