Chapter 6 - The Date

A date.

My stomach.

The butterflies.

My heart starts racing and I can feel my face turn as red as a tomato. I've never been on a date before. I hadn't even considered that's what I was doing. I just asked her out, huh? Is that even allowed here? Surely it isn't... But I feel so excited, I can't back out of this... Like Lizzie told me earlier, I need to take control of my life! I want this, so fuck it, let's do this.

She giggles in front of me and tells me I should get ready.

Oh god!

I just realized I'm wearing the same clothes as I've been wearing since I was being buried and I haven't showered in days either, oh no!

So I rush back to my room.

27th floor, left door. I bust in trying to hurry.

I have about an hour to shower and find new clothes-What was that?! I hear a groan... Shit! I forgot Lizzie's here. I don't know how, it's not like I'm comfortable enough to be storming in here like it's my home, even though it is.

"What the hell are you doing making so much fucking noise, dumbass?"

"Uhm, shit, my bad Lizzie. I forgot you were asleep."

"Why are you making so much noise?!"
She says a bit more pissed.

"I uhm."

As much as I hate this, I need her help. I don't know how I'm going to get new clothes or where I'd clean these, even though they are ripped and just need to be thrown away.

"Lizzie, I uhm... Can you help me?"

She was half asleep before I said that and now in shock and just flabbergasted. She had hesitated before speaking...

"You want my help?!"

She pauses before speaking any further...

"Actually no, you think I'd want to help you, fuck off!"

"Lizzie, I don't have a choice, and you understand this place better than I do. Look, I just need to know if there's a place I could get new clothes and a good shower."

"Really, that's what you absolutely needed my help for... You could just go ask someone out there for directions, fucking asshole!"

"Yeah, and I'm still choosing to ask you... I don't feel comfortable asking them, and I don't feel comfortable asking you but it's much better than them since you're the only person I know here..."

She kinda gets shocked and I notice she stops making eye contact, she's probably getting pissed...

"Fuck you, Nathaniel, you're such an asshole... Go wait outside and let me get dressed"

Wow, she's actually gonna take me herself. Hmm, What's she planning...

I wait for about ten minutes and... Wow! She's really pretty and all dressed up, except for her hair which she just put up in a quick ponytail but, it's still really cute. Kinda hot when you look at her whole outfit. A black, tight dress with some pretty shiny earrings and jewelry, and sunglasses that have a purple and black tint to the lens with a... A gold frame! Geez, we're just going out to get me something to wear, not out on a shopping spree at a fancy designer-branded store. She's got all this makeup and fancy shit on just for this!

"Okay, Nathaniel, c'mon."

"Why dress up so much for this?"

She looks at me I think kinda pissed and ready to punch me...