Chapter 37 - Misrule

"She killed them, too!"

Oh god! My stomach clenched as I start to feel sick. Lizzie! Oh no, I need to go find her!

"Lord, where are you going?"

Corn shortly sprints beside me. Tears start to run down my face... She can't be dead, she can't!

...

We make it outside... The Yellow ranked barracks have been painted with blood! Dead bodies are everywhere!

"Holy shit."

"They must've turned off the regen fields. Dude, nobody is alive."

I look around and see... not a single person standing. It's almost quiet.

I notice all of the entryways to the elevators have metal gates over them. This means we're in lockdown.

"Let's go see if anyone is hiding in their rooms. They're on lockdown so maybe some stayed inside."

"Alright, Zsen"

...

After we blew open one of the gates, we looked through multiple rooms until we got to the end of the hallway with one door locked tight.

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

"Look, we didn't have any part of that! Please, I beg of you! Leave us alone!"

A soft female voice comes from inside.

"We aren't here to hurt you. Please open the door, we just don't understand what happened."

"Huh? I... Who are you?"

"We are Warriors. We need an explanation."

"Warriors? Get the fuck away from us! You guys are the reason everyone is fucking dying!"

"What? How?"

"Look, all I know is people starting yelling causing chaos about bringing back Carter as General. Next thing I knew, you Warriors were killing guards and they started killing innocent people! Now leave before I call the guards!"

I look at Corn and we rush our way back to the corpses...

"Geez. So many bodies."

I feel my heart drop to my stomach as tears drip from my face.

*Boom!*

"What was that?"

"It came from outside!"

We both run outside the barracks and go toward the explosion.

It came from this open field where there is a handfull of Steel Guards. It's almost as though they were expecting us.

Slowly they surround us. A few of them make way for Mallory.

"You fucking monster-"
"I wouldn't say too much more if I were you."

Holy shit!

"Holly, no!"
Corn shrieks!

Mallory is stood on top of a few crates. She's holding up Lyra's lifeless corpse by the top of her head as though she was weightless. She tossed her body to the right and hops down to ground level to face us.

"Why are you here? You shouldn't be in this situation, N377."

She punches Corn down to the ground.

He slides a couple of feet through the dirt!

How strong is she?!

All of the guards have their guns pointed to me, so I can't do anything about it.