Chapter 5 - Clashing

"Why the hell are you here?!"

Lizzie! Finally!

"Please don't tell me you're my new partner?" Lizzie yells.

Finally, someone who can make sense of all this nonsense. I mean, I don't even care that it's her. Just getting to see a familiar face makes things bet- *Smack!*

"Hey dumbass, are you listening to me?"

She slapped the fuck out of me!

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just so scrambled right now because so much is happening."

She doesn't seem to care...

"Answer me, are you my partner?"

"Yeah, that's what the General told me."

She sits on her bed and puts her hands on her forehead. She seems stressed, which I can understand as to why.

I look around. It seems to be only one medium-sized room with one front door and another door to the restroom. There's her bed in the corner with a Television a couple of feet in front of it. Behind the television, there are about two feet of space till it reaches the bathroom. There's an open kitchen, with a counter right next to the front door. All of that, in one room. It's kinda cozy, except... where's my bed?

This really sucks. Now that I'm looking at everything and thinking about what situation I'm in, I'm partner and roommates with my biggest enemy. I know, I can't just be a little bitch and I need to try to make this work. I need to be able to work with her. If we ever find ourselves fighting with one of those... Corrupted, I think was the name of it.

Just the thought of that encounter sends a shiver down my spine. Hell, I think I'd be more terrified of that encounter I had earlier were I to go through the same experience now. The fact that I know how dangerous they are now, it's horrific.

"Nathaniel."

"Yeah."

"Why do I keep running into you lately? Why are you getting involved with my life all of a sudden?"

"What- I... Erm."

Damn, she's right. We have been running into each other a lot lately.

I sigh.

"Nathaniel, You need to stay away from me. I hate you. I don't know how much longer I can hold myself back from harming you."

"It's nothing I'm in control of. Y'know that don't you?"

"It doesn't matter. You need to start taking control of your own life. Do me the favor and keep your life as far away from mine as possible, you got that?"

"You could do the same. I mean, it's not like I want this either."

Surprisingly, she didn't seem pissed like I thought she'd be after I said that. I'm kinda exhausted and I need to figure out where I'm going to be sleeping here

I mean... The bed. We could sleep together... Ugh! What am I talking about?

"Hey, uh, where's my bed?"

She looks at me and pauses. I think she just realized our situation.

"You can find somewhere on the floor, dumbass."

She sounded insulted.

"Well then, can I have like a pillow and sheet or something?"

Literally, anything will do for me. Back when my family was poor, my parents would sleep on this twin size bed together, while I slept on the floor with a messed up sleeping bag as a pallet, and a balled-up blanket, that was torn to the point that you couldn't even use it as a blanket, as my pillow.