The boy in the striped stockings Part 2

Tom watched as the Mad Hatter looked for some of his "growth tea." He stood on a cup that was flipped over. "Oh where where where where did I put it?!" Mad Hatter exclaimed. Tweedle dee, the one in the yellow shirt, held up a tea bag while Tweedle dum, the one in the red shirt, tried to snatch it from him. Tom giggled a little at the sight. "Gimme! Gimme I found it first!" Tweedle dum exclaimed. Tweedle dee stood on his tippy toes. "Here! Here! I have it! Hatter I found it!" He lied. Mad Hatter turned and smiled. "Why thank you, thank you tweedle dee." He replied, taking the tea bag. "No! I found it!" Tweedle dum whined. Tom snickered and Hatter pat his head. "I'm sure you did." He said calmly. He picked Tweedle dum up and walked over to his kitchen area. "You can help me make it okay?" Tweedle dum smiled widely. "Yay!" He exclaimed. Tweedle dee blew a raspberry and Tom smiled softly, watching as Hatter let Tweedle dum help him. He really did care about those kids. But why? He didn't even have to. He just did. It was cute. and Tom liked seeing them together. He was snapped out of his thoughts when the Mad Hatter slowly shoved a cup of tea to him. That was fast. "You want to be big then drink!" He exclaimed. "Hurry child! Hurrry!" Tom climbed up to the handle of the tea cup, trying not to fall in, he took a small sip and felt his body changing. Next thing he knew, he was normal sized and sitting on the table. "Get off!" Hatter instructed. Tom moved off the table and smiled. "Thank you Hatter." He responded. The Mad Hatter laughed and bowed. "You're welcome, welcome, welcome stripes." He replied. The Tweedles stood by both of his sides and copied him. "Welcome!" Tweedle dee exclaimed. "Welcome!" Tweedle dum repeated.
Tom, the Mad Hatter, and the Tweedles, walked out of the small cottage. Tom sighed. "I think it's time for me to go home." He said. "Do you have anything for that?" Hatter shook his head. "Nope. I'm pretty sure the king can get you where you need to go." He answered. "No!" Tweedle dee exclaimed. "He's scary!" Mad Hatter spun the propeller on his hat. "Oh we're not going." He assured him. "Stripes here is." Tweedle dee smiled. "Oh. Okay." He said. Tom looked around. "How do I get there?" He asked. The Mad Hatter hummed for a second, thinking about the directions. "I honestly don't know." He said smiling. Tom nodded slowly. "Guess I should go on my own." He mumbled. "Goodbye!" Tweedle dum exclaimed. Tom smiled. He was starting to like those kids. "Bye." He replied. Tom turned and headed off into know where while the Mad Hatter and the Tweedles waved him goodbye.
Tom looked around for at least something remotely close to a castle. Maybe that's where he lived. But it was also wonderland and everything was crazy. Who knows. Maybe the king could be living in the same small cottage as the Mad Hatter. Tom's thougts were interrupted when he noticed the same rabbit that lead him there. He facepalmed ad sighed. "Oh of course!" He exclaimed. "If he knows in, he must know out!" Tom walked over to the rabbit. It looked like it was talking to..nothing. "Oh but I musn't be late!" He exlcaimed. "No no no no! I don't have time!" The closer Tom got, the more he realized. He was talking to the little patch of flowers. They seemed to be moving and singing. Tom then accidentally got a little too close. The flowers quickly turned to him and smiled. "You look like a great singer!~" The rose sang. The other flowers clapped with their leaved and chuckled in agreement. "Me?" Tom asked. "Oh no, but I can't. I'm actually here for something else." The flowers started whispering amongst each other while the rose stared at him. He guessed the rose was the leader of the pack or something. "What do you mean?~" She sang.
"I need to talk to the rabbit."
"Oh him?~"
The rose pointed to nothing. The rabbit was already gone! Tom groaned. "Oh disaster!" He exclaimed. The rose turned back to the gang. She raised her leaves and moved them to and fro. "One two three four!" She exclaimed. The other flowers bundled up and began singing. "Ohhhh disaster! Oh disaster! Terrible, horrible, and it's unchangeable, disaster!~" They sung. Tom huffed. They were great singers, not going to lie, but the longer Tom stood there, the more he wanted to leave. It only took him five seconds to realize those flowers weren't helpful at all. Nor were they even relevant to what he was doing. The rose turned back to Tom. "Sing my boy!" She exclaimed. Tom shook his head. "I can't!" He replied.
"Everyone can!"
"No I can't right now!"
"Sure you can!
"Let me go!"
"Sing for us!"
Tom sighed and rolled his "eyes." "Fine." He mumbled in defeat. The flowers started giggling and he rose hushed them. Tom tried to think about a song he learnt at his school. Or one his mother taught him. Even though Tom wanted to get away from them, thinking about his home almost made him cry. "Look! Oh look sisters! He's crying!" One of the daisies shouted. "Maybe he has stage fright." A violet whispered. "Oooh! That's probably it!" A sunflower exlcaimed. The rose turned and hushed them again. Turning back to Tom she sighed. "What's wrong?" She asked. Tom sniffled and wiped his tears. "I just-I wanna go home." He cried. The rose smiled. "Why aren't you then?" She asked. "Go." Tom shook his head.
"I don't know how."
"Oh? I thought you said you had to go somewhere."
"I do. I-I need to talk to the rabbit.."
The rose hummed. "Then go." She said, allowing him to leave the patch. Tom smiled. "Thank you." He said. The rose bowed and the other flowers followed. They shuffled to the side so that Tom could pass through the middle. He waved goodbye to the flowers and was once again, off to go find the rabbit.