Can we stay like this?

It all started the day Tom coughed. He was eating at the table with Tord when he started to cough loudly. He cleared his throught and continued eating, not aware that was just one of the many signs to come.
"Tom are you okay?" Tord asked. Tom nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."
He started to cough more, and more, and more. He didn't understand what was going on. One day he had coughed so harshly, he threw up. He continued to throw up. Tord decided to take him to the hospital. He brought a bag for Tom in case he had to throw up again. Tord sighed. He never liked seeing his baby like this. Halfway through the drive Tom coughed more and threw up violently. He started to cry. "A-Am I gonna be okay?" He asked. Tord looked at him through the mirror. "Yes, of course you will min engel." He replied. Tom smiled right before he had another coughing fit.
They made it to the hospital and Tom had to frequently use the bathroom to throw up. He didn't want to use his bag, he thought people would stare and think he was weird. Tord told him it was a hospital and people get sick anyway. Tom left his bag in the car and just used the restrooms instead.
"Thomas Lande." The nurse called on the speakers. She waited some time before calling his name again. "Thomas Lande." Tord looked around. "Hurry Thomas.." He mumbled while tapping his foot. Tom then came rushing out of the bathroom. "I'm here!" He said while panting. The nurse pointed him to the direction of the doctors office. Tom nodded. "Thank you." He said. He walked over to Tord. "C'mon." He said while cocking his head to the side. Tord got up and followed Tom.
They walked into the doctors office and sat down on the two chairs. Tom coughed again, harshly. Tord pat his back. When Tom was done having his little coughing fit, he hugged Tord and didn't let go. "I'm scared.." He mumbled quietly. Tord rubbed his back and kissed his forehead. "You will be fine. Do not worry min engel." Sooner or later, the doctor came in. He smiled and looked at Tom. "Ah. You must be Thomas." He said. Tom nodded. "I'm Dr. Quinn." Dr. Quinn said.
"Well Thomas we're gonna do some little check ups like you would when you usually would go to the doctor."
"Okay."
"If you could just sit on the bed for me."
"Hm."
Dr. Quinn sat down in his chair and grabbed his supplies. He did the normal, ears and eyes checkup, hieght and weight checkup, until it came down to the breathing. Dr. Quinn held his stethoscope to Tom's chest. "Breathe in for me." He said. Tom nodded. He breathed in through his nose. "Breathe out." Dr. Quinn instructed. Tom slowly breathed out through his mouth. He then started to cough violently. Dr. Quinn looked a little surprised. He took his stethoscope off of Tom's chest and right back on. "Okay let's try this again." He said. "Breathe in." Tom took a breath through his nose. "Breathe out." Dr. Quinn said. Tom breathed out through his mouth again before he started to cough even more. Dr. Quinn nodded. "Hmm." He hummed. He took his stethoscope off Tom once again and out of his ears. He rolled with his chair all the way to his desk and wrote something down. Tom started to shake a little. Tord got up and wrapped his arms around Tom, comforting him. Tom then sneezed. "Velsigne deg." Tord said. Tom smiled. "Thank you." He replied.
After some more checking, Dr. Quinn told him it may be a flu or an alergy. He prescribed Tom some medications in case it ever happened again. Tom and Tord left the office and Tom felt a little better. When they got back to the house, Tom seemed fine. He wasn't coughing or throwing up anymore. "You were right." Tom said to Tord that night as he got into bed. Tord rolled over to look at him. "I am your husband. Of course I am right." He said. Tom let out a little laugh and kissed him. "Goodnight." He said. Tord smiled. "Goodnight min engel." He replied.

The next morning Tom woke up in Tord's embrace. He tried to go back to sleep but failed. He stayed there and moved to look at Tord. He was asleep. Tom smiled. "Mm. That's niC-" He was cut off when he coughed harshly. He sat up and kept coughing. He moved and walked out of the room and into the bathroom. He opened the cabinet and took out the pills Dr. Quinn gave him. He opened the top and took two in his hand. He put both into his mouth and swallowed them. He kept coughing however and he started to worry. A short time later and the coughing stopped. "Weird." He thought. He walked back to his and Tord's room and climbed back into bed. Tord groaned and pulled the covers. Tom chuckled. "Are you okay?" Tord asked, wrapping his arms around Tom's waist and pulling him closer. Tom sighed. "The coughing thing happened. I used the, medicene, for it. It worked after a little while." He explained.
"You are okay right? No throwing up?"
"Yeah I'm okay."
"Mm good."
Tord leaned over and kissed Tom's forehead. Tom smiled. "Hey Tord?" He called. "Yes?" Tord answered.
"Can we stay like this?"
"Sure."

Two weeks passed and Tom's situation was worse. He was coughing more, throwing up, turning pale, and he couldn't eat anything. He was getting thinner and thinner. He took the medications but the didn't seem to be doing anything. Tord took Tom to the hospital. This time however, he stayed there. He was in the hospital bed getting treated and Tord was outside in the waiting room. A doctor came out shortly after with a sad expression. Tord knew this couldn't be good. "What is it doctor? Is he going to be okay?" He asked. The doctor sighed. "Well for the most part, we don't know what it is that is harming him. He isn't contageous though which seems odd. He has other mutation genes in him and we may think it's coming from there." She explained.
It must've been Tom's monster genes. Tord was worried. He never thought Tom would be in a situation like this one. Especially since his monster side was, no offense, his stronger side.
"He's going to be okay right?" Tord asked. The doctor shook her head. "Unless we have a treatment or a cure, he won't be doing to great." She said.
"May I see him?"
"Yes."
Tord walked into the room were Tom was. He was laying on the hospital bed. He looked scared and sad. Tord held his hand and squeezed it assuringly. He kissed his forehead. "You are going to be okay." Tord whispered. Tom smiled weakly and nodded. "Y-You're my husband. Of course I'm gonna be okay.." He said quietly. Tord smiled and laughed softly.
More weeks passed and Tom was still in the hospital. Tord wasn't used to waking up alone. He wasn't used to eating breakfast by himself. He missed Tom. He told Edd and Matt about what happened to Tom. They were concerned and asked for pictures of Tom since they were always traveling. He would visit Tom in the hospital and video call them so Tom could see them too.
He would look at pictures of them together on his phone. He would visit him daily and occasionally. Tom seemed to be getting weaker, skinnier, and more pale each day. Tord was scared. What if he was wrong? What if Tom wasn't going to be okay? He never wanted to think about that but sadly, they were too, possibilities.
One day while Tord came to visit Tom, he brang him flowers and his Tomee bear. When he walked in, he saw Tom wearing a nasal cannula, one of those breathing tubes, and he was breathing very loudly. He took big, deep breaths as it was now harder for him to breathe. "Hello love." Tord greeted as he walked toward Tom. Tom just smiled weakly again. He took the flowers and set them on the stand next to his hospital bed. "Th-Thank you..." He said weakly. "You are welcome." Tord replied. Tom held Tomee in his arms. "I love you." He said. Tord smiled. "I love you too min engel." He said. He then leaned over and kissed his forehead. Tom giggled a little. He started coughing again. Tord saw it as nothing since he would do that normally because he was sick. But then, he started wheezing uncontrollably. He seemed to be gasping for air like he couldn't breathe. Tord ran out and called a doctor. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes as the doctors ran in and treated Tom. They asked Tord to walk out the room. Tord sighed. He sniffled and buried his face in his hands. Was he really going to be okay?

It was two months later when Tord received the news.
"He only has three days."
Tord was devistated. He told Tom what the doctor told him. "I-I know.." Tom said. "They told me already.." Tord cried near his hospital bed. "I just-I cannot risk loosing you.." He said softly. Tom sighed. He coughed before speaking. "Don't cry.. I'm gonna be-be okay.." He said softly. "But you are dying Tom! I-I never want to see you go.." Tord sobbed.
"Baby please don't say that.."
"I am sorry. I do not know what came over me... I love you so, so much min engel."
"It's o-okay. I love you tO-"
Tom was interupted by another cough. He sighed. "I love you too.."

Two days passed and Tom was on his hospital bed. Tord came in through the door. He saw the doctors trying to help him but it was no use. Tears streamed down Tord's face as he walked over to Tom. "Hi..." Tom whispered. Tord smiled a little and sniffled. "Hello." He replied.
"Hey Tord?"
"Yes?"
"I can see it.."
"See what? W-What is it?"
"I can see it... It's so bright.."
"No, no, no, no Tom please do not go.."
"It's so beautiful.."
"Tom please.."
"Hey Tord?"
"Yes?"
"Can we stay like this?"
"Of course."

Then, there was a flatline.

Gee I need to stop putting Tom on a hospital bed-
(ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)