Sunrise ☀︎ - A short

Mute! Tord x Tom (fluff for those who wanted it because my last few chapters were angst ( ⁎ᵕᴗᵕ⁎ ))

Whenever Tord couldn't sleep, he would get out. He would get out of the house and watch the stars. Sometimes he would watch the sunrise. His boyfriend, Thomas, told him that if he couldn't sleep, to wake him up so that they could watch together. Tord liked that idea. He liked it a lot. The comfort of his boyfriend made him feel special. Especially since he couldn't speak. Thomas made him feel ordinary. Most of the time, Tom would use sign language to communicate with him as well. To include him. The two liked doing things together, as couples do. But most of the time, they liked contemplating. They liked watching the sunset, the sunrise, and the stars. Sometimes Tom would stay completely silent. If Tord wasn't signing, he wasn't talking. Sometimes, Tom would stay silent for a whole day. Tord appreciated this aplenty. That was another reason why he loved Tom. He adapted well. He liked helping him. It was sweet of him to do so. And he knew it as well.

One morning, Thomas woke up to an empty bed. He yawned and blinked a few times before sitting up. Sighing to himself, he turned to the nightstand to see a small post-it note stuck to the surface. Tom tore it off to read it. "Out watching the sunrise." it read. Tom smiled.
He then climbed out of bed and walked out into the hallway. He didn't care if he still had his pajamas on. He put on some random shoes and entered the backyard where Tord stood, staring up at the sky. Thomas walked over to him slowly and wrapped his arms around his lover's waist. "Good morning." he whispered. Tord smiled and placed his hand atop of Tom's. "I missed the sunrise..." Tom stated, "Was it pretty?" Tord nodded. He pulled Tom out from behind him so that they faced each other. He then held up his hands to sign, "like you." Tom smiled, blushing a little as well. "Thank you." he replied. Tord nodded and kissed him on the forehead. "Should we go inside?" Tom asked. Tord thought about it for a second. "If you want to" he signed. "Okay." Tom replied. He took Tord's hand in his and the two walked back inside.
"Can you describe it to me?" Tom asked once the two were both sitting at the dinner table. "The sunrise?" Tord signed. Tom nodded, murmuring a quiet "mhm." Tord thought about it, trying to recall his memory of the sight. "It was bright," he signed, "and blue. The morning was quiet. And peaceful. The colours were astounding. In a way, it reminded me of your smile." Tom hummed. "Did it now?" he asked. Tord nodded. Tom smiled and held Tord's hand in his once again. "I love you." he spoke softly, gently rubbing his thumb against Tord's knuckles. Tord smiled. "And you don't have to sign or anything." Tom said, "I already know you mean it." The two stared at each other for what seemed like forever. They could never look away from each other. In their eyes they were perfect. And that was all that mattered. Leaning in slowly, the couple shared a long, yet sweet, kiss. Pulling away, they stared into each other's “eyes” again. How could they dare look away? It was seemingly impossible. Thomas then slowly removed his hand from Tord's. "I love you." he signed. Tord smiled. It made him feel warm inside. "I love you too." he signed back.

And there the two stay. Sharing a loving gaze that would last for centuries.