Communication Part 2

Tom and Tord sat together at  the dining table. "This place a lot..older than I remember." Tom pointed out. Tord huffed. Tom looked away awkwardly. "That huff.." He mumbled. Tord sighed. "I am sorry." He apologized quietly. Tom shook his head.
"It's okay. Just memories."
"Hmm."
Tom fidgeted with his fingers and Tord glanced down at them. His heart broke and he gasped slightly. "A ring?" He asked. Tom looked up. "O-Oh! Yeah, it's a thing.." He mumbled awkwardly. Tord sighed quietly.
"You are married?"
"Yeah actually. Two months ago."
Tord went silent. Just being out of Tom's life made him feel like a terrible person. He could've been wearing the exact same ring on his finger. If it wasn't for the fighting, the drinking, the smoking, the hitting. Tord could've been happy. Tom cleared his throat and snapped Tord out of his thoughts. Tom hid his hands under the table. "So what about you? Where did you go, almost everyone thinks you're..." He trailed off. Tord sighed. "Just say it." Tord said. "..Gone." Tom finished. Tord snorted.
"I do not blame them."
"Tord!"
"I have not been anywhere anyway."
"Then go outside."
"I cannot."
"Why?"
"I just...I do not know."
Tom rolled his "eyes." "Yes you do." He said. "You wanna talk to me. Talk. Just say anything that's been on your mind." Tord nodded. He hummed and looked around. "I am just..there. I am always sad and I had many mental breakdowns.." He said. Tom faced Tord.
"Then why me? Why not just call a therapist?"
"Other people are diffucult. I keep thinking about you, and I guess I just needed to see you in person."
"Hmm. I'm no therapist Tord. I don't know what advice I can give you but-"
Tom was cut off when his phone started ringing. "Hold on." He mumbled, looking around for her phone. He took it out and smiled softly. "I'm gonna answer this okay? You stay here." He said. Tom stood up and answered his phone. Tord watched from the table. He wondered who it was. He didn't have long to guess when he heard Tom answer. "Hey honey." He answered. There was a pause. "No, no I'm at a..friend's house." Tord let out a long sigh. He could tell Tom didn't want to make him sad, so he moved farther so that he couldn't hear him. Tord looked around awkwardly. Tom didn't need to come over anyway. He was such a good person. As soon as Tord told him to come over, he did. While in the mean time, Tord missed everything going on in Tom's life. He couldn't believe he was married either. Seeing that ring made him jealous. He knew Tom probably didn't look at him the same way anymore. Tord sighed sadly. There was no point anymore.
Later, Tom walked back over and sat where he was. "Sorry about that." He apologized. Tord looked away. "This was stupid.." He mumbled. "What?" Tom asked. Tord looked up at Tom. "This was a disaster and you are right. You can leave now." He said. Tom sighed and stood up. He walked over to Tord and hugged him. "I'm sorry I couldn't help.." He muttered quietly. Tord huffed. "You tried." He replied. Tom shrugged.
"You've gotta go outside."
"Hm."
"Please. Tord I can tell you want help. Help is outside."
"..."
"Tord please."
Tord stood up. "Fine." He mumbled. Tom smiled. "Thank you." He replied. "We can go to my house okay?" Tord nodded. Tom walked toward the front door. "C'mon." He said. Tord followed slowly behind Tom. Once Tom opened the door, Tord was almost blinded. Why was it so bright? He quickly followed Tom into his car and drove away from his home for the first time in a long time.

Tord stared out the window in silence the whole ride. It was pretty awkward. Especially sitting next to Tom. Soon, they arrived at a two story house. Tord expected it to be Tom's home. Which meant whoever he was married to must've been inside. Tord rolled his eyes at the thought. He and Tom got out of the car and started toward the house. "You're gonna live with us for a couple of days so you can get back on track okay?" Tom explained. Tord nodded slowly. Tom then unlocked the door and he and Tord walked inside.
The house was almost blindingly clean and most things weren't even there. "Sorry about the mess." Tom apologized. "We started moving in about two weeks ago." Tord stayed silent, analyzing the whole place. "I'm gonna go get him hold on." Tom said. He turned and walked up the stairs. Tord walked around the house and looked around a bit. He noticed a table near the door. There was a glass vase with a boquet of blue poppys inside. Tom's favorite flower. Tord looked away and noticed a framed photo on the table as well. It was of Tom and some other guy. He guessed that was his husband. Tord couldn't blame him though. He looked like a nice guy. Unlike himself. Tord looked toward the front door. It wasn't too late to leave.. Tord looked around and hesitantly walked toward the door. "Tord." Tord jumped and turned to see Tom standing right behind him. A man followed. He had dark brown hair, blue eyes, a grey t-shirt, black sweat pants, and a smile. Tord wanted to roll his eyes so bad. He knew it would be rude. He only didn't do it because he knew it would upset Tom. Tom smiled. "Ethan meet Tord. Tord meet Ethan." (Ew I don't like him (・ε・)) He said happily. Ethan stretched out his hand for Tord to shake. "Nice to meet you mate." He greeted. Tord didn't shake his hand and brushed past him. Ethan blinked. He then turned to Tom. "Is he always like this?" He asked. Tom shook his head.
The two walked in Tord's direction to find him in what was going to be the guest room. Tord turned to face them. "Do I sleep here?" He asked. Tom nodded. Tord rolled his eyes. "I do not have a bed." He pointed out. Ethan walked over to the closet. He opened it and took out a mattress. "Here. You can have this." He replied, pulling it out. Tord hummed. As Ethan got Tord's mattress set up, Tom walked over to Tord. "What was that all about?" He whispered. Tord didn't answer. "Tord. Listen, I know you may not like him but come on! At least try and be patient with me okay? We want to help you." Tord sighed and crossed his arms. "Fine." He mumbled. Tom sighed and walked away. Ethan looked up at Tord. "I hope that's enough for ya." He said. Tord glanced at Tom for a second. "It is okay." He replied.