Angelman

Tom has angelman syndrome
If you don't know what angelman syndrome is it's a genetic disorder causing developmental disabilities and nerve-related symptoms. (Copy and pasted from Google)
Basically, if you think about Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and everythig he does like, how he can't speak, how energetic he is, and how he smiles a lot
Not saying anyone with angelman syndrome is like Dopey (If that offends you)
Anyways, ye
Les go
ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Tom was born with a rare genetic disorder making him feel different than the other kids around him. He didn't talk much and he would giggle and laugh frequently. Tom never realized this though, as he also had trouble expressing his feelings.
His mother tried to help him constantly by teaching him words and their pronounciation. Tom would try his hardest but would end up babbling instead. He never payed attention much and usually his sessions would go like this, "House." His mother would say. Tom looked around and giggled. He flapped his arms up and down, playing with his shoelaces. "No-No Thomas look at me." His mother instructed. Tom smiled and turned to face his mother. "House." She repeated. Tom nodded. "H-Ho.." Tom stuttered. His mother smiled widely. "George come quick! He's saying it!" She exclaimed. Tom's father came down the stairs. He stood by his wife and waited for his son to talk. "Are you sure it'll work?" He asked. Tom's mother nodded. "H-h..H-hh.." Tom stuttered again. Tom, trying his very hardest, sneezed. He stared in shock then broke into a hysterical laughter. "Achk! Achk!" Tom exclaimed, trying to mimic the sound of the sneeze. Tom's mother sighed and his father pat her back. "We'll try again." He assured her. Tom's mother nodded.
All throughout Tom's kindergarden through third grade expirence, he was homeschooled by his mother. But when his mother needed to work another job to earn more money, she decided that he was ready to go a real school.
"Are you ready Tom?" Tom's mother asked. Tom nodded and giggled. He wiggled his arms around as his mother tried to put his backpack on. "No. Thomas, Thomas Hartley Rose!" His mother exclaimed, getting Tom's attention. Tom stopped and smiled. Tom's mother smiled a bit and helped Tom put his backpack on. "There you go." She said. She pat Tom's head and held his hand, walking him to the car. Tom hopped and jumped around, laughing and giggling. When he got in the car, he kicked his legs, and flayed his arms around frantically.

When they arrived at the school, Tom jumped in his seat, pointing to the window. He was exited and giggled. He tried to rip off his seat belt. "AAAGGHH!" Tom screamed in frustration. "Hey! Thomas no!" His mother exclaimed. Tom whined and kicked his legs. Tom's mom showed Tom how to take his seat belt off and Tom smiled, nodding. "You're welcome." His mother said. Tom jumped out of his seat and tried to leave by himself. His mother held him back. Tom whined and screamed, kicking his legs. "Tom!" His mother exclaimed. Tom kept screaming and tried to push his mom away. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes and he kicked and restrained. He cried and screamed. People started to stare as Tom's mother tried to calm him back down. "Thomas! Thomas, listen to me." She said. Tom stopped and looked at his mother, tears rolling down his cheeks. "You don't do that okay?" Tom's mother asked. Tom nodded and wiped his tears. "Breathe Thomas." Tom's mom instructed. "You're okay." Tom took a deep breath in and sighed. He nodded and smiled. "There. Now, are you ready to go to school?" She asked. Tom nodded and laughed. Tom's mother helped Tom out of the car and took his hand, walking with him into the school.
Tom was taken back at how huge it was. He gasped and hid behind his mother. Many kids stared at Tom and he started to feel weird. He heard whispering and talking. Laughing, and giggling. Tom shook his head. "Mmm mm." He hummed, tugging at his mom's shirt sleeve. She kept walking until they reached his class. Tom gasped as his mother knocked on the door. "Mm mmm! Mmm mmm!" Tom exclaimed, shaking his head side to side quickly. His mother pulled him close and the door opened. Tom's mother started talking to the teacher and sooner or later, Tom was out of his mother's arms. He screamed and stretched his arms out, reaching for his mom. "EEAAHHHH!" Tom screeched. "AAAAHHHH!" He cried and kicked. His mother pat his shoulder and couched down to his level. "You're okay, remember?" She asked. Tom stopped kicking and stood there, hanging his head. "Mm hmm." He hummed nodding slowly. His mother kissed his forehead and stood up, facing the teacher. She smiled and they talked while Tom was told to walk into the classroom. He had a hard time balancing and couldn't stand upright as well as everyone else. He often stumbled and almost tripped. Kids snickered and some cringed, feeling bad for him.

Tom leaned on the teacher's desk and waited for her. He looked around the room and giggled. He flayed his arms around and laughed. "What's he doing?" One kid asked. "Who knows." A kid answered.
"Is he crazy?"
"I don't know."
"Don't say that!"
"He looks confused."
"It's sad."
"I know right?"
Conversation sparked up and the teacher walked in. She clapped her hands and the class clapped back. Tom smiled widely and clapped along, trying to match his claps to theirs. "That's good Thomas." The teacher, Mrs. Johnson said after Tom wouldn't stop clapping. Tom giggled and kept clapping. "Thomas." Mrs. Johnson repeated. "Mm mm." Tom hummed, shaking his head. He stopped clapped and flayed his arms about. "This is your classroom." Mrs. Johnson said. Tom looked around the room once again. He nodded and giggled. "Do you know where to sit?" Mrs. Johnson asked. Tom shook his head, smiling.
Mrs. Johnson took Tom's hand and walked with him to a table wher some other kids were sitting. Tom nodded and sat down. Mrs. Johnson gave him a thumbs up and walked to the front of the room, continuing the lesson. Tom laughed and pat the table. He smiled and pat the table some more, making a beat. "Hey." One of the kids said. Tom turned to face them. "C-Can you please stop?" He asked. Tom nodded and waved his arms, accidentally hitting the kid. "Ow!" He exclaimed. "Why'd you do that?" He rubbed his cheek and frowned. Tom stared at him in confusion. He waved his hands again, hitting the kid again. "Stop!" The boy exclaimed. "Teacher! Teacher! This kid keeps hitting Matt!" One of the other kids yelled. Mrs. Johnson sighed and walked over. Tom laughed and kept waving his arms. "Ow.." Matt mumbled as Tom hit him again. "Thomas." Mrs. Johnson called. The class "oooh'ed" and everyone started to talk. "Why did you hit Matt?" Mrs. Johnson asked. Tom laughed and kept looking at anything but her. "Tom. Thomas look at me." Tom turned to the teacher and smiled. "Mmm mmmm." He hummed, shaking his head. Mrs Johnson sighed and turned to Matt. "Are you okay?" She asked. Matt nodded. "Yeah." He answered.

Later, Tom continued hitting kids. He wasn't a bully, he just felt like it was something he had to do. He would scream and throw tantrums, getting into trouble. For the rest of the day, no one talked to him, he sat alone, and had to go to the counsler. He was talked to by many teachers and stayed inside for recess. He didn't like school as much as he thought he would. At the end of the day he waited impatiently for his mother to come. He sat in his chair, kicking his feet and eating a chocolate bar happily. "Howdy." Tom looked around to see a brunette boy standing in front of him. Tom looked at him, confused. "Howdy." The boy repeated. Tom nodded. "Why don't you talk?" The boy asked. Tom shook his head and giggled. "Mm mm." He hummed. The boy shrugged. "You like that chocolate?" The boy asked. Tom looked at the candy in his hand and nodded quickly, laughing. "Can I have some?" The boy asked. Tom looked at the boy, then the candy. He hesitated then reached his arm out, handing it to the boy. "Thanks!" The boy exclaimed happily. "I'm Edd by the way." Tom nodded. He remembered what his mother told him and pointed to a piece of paper. "O-Oh! You need this?" Edd asked pointing to the paper. Tom nodded and laughed. "Okay." Edd said, handing him the paper and a pencil. Tom sloppily wrote down his name. He gave the paper to Edd. "Thomas?" He asked, confused. "Ohhhh! Thomas!" Tom nodded and giggled. He clapped his hands and smiled. "Can I call you Tom?" Edd asked. Tom kept clapping and nodded. "Okay then Tom. Do you want to be friends?" Edd asked. Tom nodded and stopped clapping. Edd smiled and gave Tom his chocolate bar again. Tom shook his head. "Oh. I can keep it?" Edd asked. Tom nodded and giggled. "Thank you." Edd said. Tom nodded. "W-W-Wec..." Tom stuttered. Edd smiled widely. Tom giggled and waved his arms, once again, accidentally hitting Edd. Tom gasped slightly and shook his head. "It's okay." Edd said, smiling. "You didn't mean it." Tom nodded slowly and laughed.

And for the first time ever, Tom, made a friend.