5:00

Before he left, he made a promise. A vow, he would stick around. He would stay with him. He said he was sure of it, mentioning how he doesn't break promises. So he trusted him. He loved him after all.
When they said their goodbyes, he told him that every day at exactly 5:00㏘, he would send him a photo of the various places he would visit. The other was naive and nodded his head frantically while wiping tears from his “eyes.” The taller one kissed the shorter male on the forehead and reassured him that he would be fine. He then turned around to head into his car. But before driving off, he and his lover waved goodbye to each other. With tears in their “eyes,” they both smiled, however, knowing that they would both see each other again one day. The lovers never wanted to leave each other. They felt as if they were connected somehow. Probably through fate. As if the stars aligned.
But one day, one would see where faith positioned him. And would never be able to let go.

The day Tord Lande arrived in Brooklyn, New York, was when it started. Instantly, at 5:00 sharp, he sent a photo of the streets of New York to his boyfriend, Thomas. In an instant, as if he were waiting for Tord, he replied with a simple, "hi" and a smiling face. Tord let out a small chuckle, followed by a sigh not long after. He missed his smile. So bright, cheerful. Tord snapped out of his thoughts to respond to Thomas. "Hello." he typed, watching as the text was sent in. From then on, the two continued to text each other until Tord reached his apartment to settle down. Once again, the couple said their goodbyes and signed off on each other.
The next day, Thomas woke up to a slow, lo-fi type of beat, coming from his phone. His ringtone. He sighed, rubbing his head. He then sat up and bent over his nightstand to see that Tord was requesting to video-call. Tom wasted no time and answered hastily. There Tord was, on the other end of the line in his bed. The two smiled at each other warmly. It was a sense of satisfaction for Thomas. Maybe just a calm gesture to Tord. Tom always needed reassurance from Tord. He feared too much about his love, wondering if he was going to be okay. Thomas asked Tord about New York. He asked him about his apartment and the city. Tord chuckled and told him to slow down, as he had only been there for a day and a half. Tom thought it was pretty adequate. Tord then suggested if they should get out of bed. With that, the two spent their morning together. Brushing their teeth, preparing and eating breakfast, and chatting to each other. Tom let out small giggles and laughs at Tord's witty remarks and jokes. Tord would smile at this, complementing Tom's face every time he did.
Whenever the two had to hang up on one another, it would be unbearable. Tom knew he had to. Tord knew he had to. It was the only time they would be eligible to see each other. Tom asked Tord when he was coming back to him. Tord reminded him of the exact date. July eighteenth. Tom couldn't wait until July. It was May thirteenth. He wanted to see his baby. Back in his arms. Tom usually teared up, Tord imploring him not to cry. They would both end up with tears in their “eyes” after. Tord told Tom how much he loved and missed him, even kissing his camera a few times to make Tom smile. And it worked. Tom smiled and, as silly as it was, he kissed his camera back and told Tord how much he loved him. Then, the two would have to leave each other. Again.

Tom waited until 5:00 every single day. Tord sent Tom a picture every single day. It became abundantly obvious that the two loved the schedule. Tom sent Tord a heart emoji every time. Tord would send one right back. It was clear that the two males were madly in love. They hoped to spend every day, every hour with each other. But of course, they both had to come to understand that it could never happen. Until July eighteenth.
Tom could remember the day he almost had a panic attack. Luckily for him, he was at Edd and Matt's place at the time. He was staring down at his phone screen, waiting for Tord to send him a photo. He stayed in one of the four corners of the living room. Edd walked over to him with a red cup in his hand. He tilted his head in confusion. He asked Tom what he was doing. Tom tried to stay calm. On the inside, he was panicking severely. Tom didn't answer his friend. He was having a hard time breathing. It was 6:00㏘ and Tord hadn't sent him a picture yet. He didn't know why it bothered him so much. It shouldn't have been bothering him so much. Why was he starting to panic?! The next thing Tom knew, he was backed up against the wall, trying to catch his breath. It was just a picture. Why was he panicking? Stop panicking! Tom's chest heaved up and down as he placed a hand over his heart. He looked around frantically. He could see Edd trying to calm him down, but no words were coming out of his mouth. Tom gasped for air as the struggle to breathe became harder, and harder. All he could mutter out was, "Five..." What was wrong with him? What happened? It was clear, Tom was too attached. Too attached to Tord. Too attached to the photos. Too attached to his love. He couldn't let go. He couldn't live without him. Where was Tord? He needed him. He needed him, badly.
Tom then ended up in Edd's bed. He sat up and looked around, in fear he did something wrong. He was fully dressed, however. He turned to his side, Edd wasn't there. Tom tried to control his breathing, taking in large gasps. Suddenly, Edd walked into his room with a cup of water. He explained what happened to Tom. Having to add that they did not have sex. He was relieved to hear that he was okay. He then handed the cup of water to Tom, who chugged it down quickly. Tom thanked Edd. Edd shook his head, telling Tom that if it wasn't for Matt, he wouldn't be alive. Tom was confused. What did he mean? So he asked Edd. What was he talking about? Edd told Tom that he passed out minutes after. He went to go get Matt, who, fortunately, knew CPR and had to try and get Tom's breathing even. Tom huffed, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Edd then asked Tom why he kept on repeating, “five” over and over again. Tom blushed, telling Edd about what he and Tord did together and why he was panicking. Edd nodded, comprehending Tom's situation. He thought the idea was cute. Tom asked Edd to go and get his phone for him just in case. Edd did exactly as told. He told Tom that he contacted Tord, clarifying to him what happened. Tom nodded and thanked Edd once again, asking if he could be alone with Tord.
Edd nodded and left the room, closing the door slowly. Tom exhaled as he called his lover, waiting hastily as the dial tone rang throughout the room. It wasn't until Tom hear a faint, “hello” on the other end that he started to speak. Or at least, he tried to. Nothing came out of his mouth. Meanwhile, Tord started shouting at Tom. Asking him if he was okay and apologizing about a million times. Tom waited until Tord was finished to begin. He told Tord he was fine and it wasn't anything. Tord let out a sigh of relief. Tom could tell Tord was smiling on the other end. He sighed and asked him why he didn't send him a photo. He was ashamed of himself. He's become so dependant on Tord. Too dependant. He needed him as much as he needed air or water. Tord was his air. Tord was his world. He didn't know how much more days he could live without Tord. Tord told Tom that he indeed did send him a photo Tom denied this, telling him that there was no picture at all. Tord apologized, for the photo and the panic attack. Tom consoled Tord that it was okay and the attack was him being dependant. The two went silent after that. Tom then spoke up. He told Tord that he loved him and had to go. Tord replied to Thomas, telling him he loved him. Tom huffed and hung up. What was going on? What happened to him? Why now? Tom sighed and placed his phone on the bed. He needed Tord. Yet, he couldn't bear to hear his voice any longer. He wanted Tord with him. But he couldn't stand hearing him laugh. He didn't care for Tord over the phone. He wanted Tord right there with him. He had to wait, however. As Tord was coming back on the eighteenth of July, and it was only June fifth.