B

So genders.
Genders are cool. Girls and Boys. Boys and girls. Beautiful species really. Luckily for Tord Lande, he could like any one of them. He liked both but thought boys were a bit better. Then again, he had to be somewhat "open" about it. I mean, of course Tord understood the confusion on how he, the womanizer, the athlete, the popular Norwegian transfer, the outgoing and most extroverted kid, would be too shy to ask someone out. He asked many, many people out and it usually didn't go well. If he asked a boy, they'd either decline or think it was some kind of joke. If he asked a girl, they usually didn't like him back or they would actually end up dating just for Tord to realize they didn't like him at all. Tord hated being caught up in the middle of that shit, so he decided to just stop. If you like somebody, don't ask them out, don't look at them, and don't even think about dating them. He held up that policy for a long time until someone else caught his eye. At first glance, Tord thought he was some average kid that's all. But once he got a closer look, he realized how fucking unique this kid actually was. He was pretty handsome too. It seemed like his only friend was Edd Golden, or the also outgoing, extroverted, sassy, Mexican British kid. Which seemed to have been a coincidence because Tord's best friend, Matt Harper, or the tall, freckled, shy, forgetfull, ginger, had a crush on him. So in a way, it worked. Tord ended up thinking about the person he saw all day. He dressed a lot different from everyone else. Tord found it funny how he thought someone who wasn't even born in Britain was critizing the Brit. But Tord did like the way he dressed though. He always showed up in berets and big, oversized, 80's themed, personalized jackets. He always wore something with the slightest bit of pastel rainbow on it. Tord thought it was cute. It made him look small. Also, he had like, a million buttons and keychains chained to his backpack. (I'm drawing this version of Tom ⌯' ▾ '⌯) Tord thought about asking him out or even becoming his friend, but he decided not to. Ignoring everything Matt told him.

"For the thousandth time," Tord started, "I am not going to tell him. It is just going to blow off." Matt rolled his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said. "Tell him! He seems nice."
"Oh really? Then how about you tell Edd you like him?"
"That's different."
"How?"
"..It just is!"
Tord chuckled and walked over to his locker. Matt followed behind and smirked. "Here comes the crush." He said quietly. "What?" Tord asked. Matt walked away and Tord looked toward Matt went. "Matt!" He called. He felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see...well, Tord didn't even know his name. Tord blushed. "Bonjour." The boy greeted. Tord looked away nervously. He continuously glanced over a his "eyes" several times. They were just black. Were they even eyes? Tom blinked and Tord snapped out of his thoughts. "Bonjour?" Tom repeated. "H-Hi..?" Tord replied, shaking his head.
"Ah. Vous parlez Anglais. Bien.(Ah. You speak English. Okay.)"
"What?"
"Sorry. My name is Tom. Eh, and you?"
"...T-Tord. Right," Tord cleared his throat, "Tord."
"Hm. I was wondering i-if you wanted to eh, sit with me at lunch."
"O-Oh. Yeah sure."
"Génial! I'll eh...see you?"
"Yep."
"Alright. Bye then."
Tom turned and walked away. As soon as Tom was a safe distance, Tord exhaled in relief. "Fucking Matt.." He grumbled under his breath.
Later, lunch rolled around and Tord looked around for Tom. "What are you doing?" Matt asked. "Sit down already." Tord shook his jead. "I am looking for Tom." He said. "Tom? Who's that?" Matt asked. As soon as he did, Tom walked over to the two. "Bonjour!" He exclaimed happily. "Hey." Tord replied. "Oh." Matt shrugged. Tom smiled and turned to Matt. "I suppose you speak English too?" He asked. Matt nodded. "Ah." Tom mumbled. "Edd wanted to talk to you." Matt blinked.
"He does?"
"Oui."
"Oh."
Tom pointed to one of the cafeteria tables. "He is eh, over there." He said. Matt nodded. "Why didn't he just tell me?" He asked. "He was too shy." Tom answered. Matt hummed. "Alright then. Catch ya Tord." Matt remarked before walking over to Edd's table. Tom cocked his head to the side. "Let's go." He said. He walked out of the cafeteria door and Tord followed.
"Where are we going?" Tord asked. "Out." Tom answered.
"We are eating outside?"
"Mhm."
"How? We are supposed to be inside."
"No. Your eh..principal let me eat out. B-Back at my old school, we were allowed to eat out."
"Hm."
The two ended up outside the school building. Tom sat down under a tree and smiled. Tord sat next to him. "I like this tree. It's my eh, favorite." Tom remarked. Tord nodded. "Is it?" He asked. Tom nodded. He picked up his sandwhich and started to eat. "So why did you want to eat with me?" Tord asked. "Ah," Tom said quietly, "I wanted to leave Edd and eh, Matt alone." Tord let out a small chuckle.
"So, you and Edd are friends?"
"Mhm. He was the first person to t-talk to me when I eh, arrived."
"Oh."
Tom took another bite out of his sandwhich. He sighed and looked up. Tord faced Tom and wondered what he was doing. "Tom?" He called. Tom turned to Tord. "Hmm?" He hummed. "Sorry again. I think about eh, things." Tord nodded. "You say "eh" a lot." Tord muttered. Tom nodded. "I don't know much English a-and I eh, look for words I mean." He said. "I'm sorry if it eh...bothers you." Tord shook his head. "I-It does not." He replied. Tom nodded. There was another awkward silence. Nothing but the quiet chewing of the two. Tord huffed and Tom turned to him. "I-I was wondering if we could eh, h-hang out later?" He said quietly. Tord blushed. "W-We could." He replied. Tom smiled.
"Merci."
"You are welcome."
Tom hummed. He moved his hand to push a strand of loose hair behind his ear. His hand bumped his tray and his apple fell on the ground. He reached to get it when he felt Tord's hand brush over his. He two looked up at each other and blushed. Tom removed his hand and Tord handed him the fruit. Tom took it and placed it back on his tray where it belonged. He flipped his hair out of the way and smiled softly. "Merci." He said quietly. Tord cleared his throat. "Y-You are welcome." He replied. The two sat in silence again.
Sooner or later, Tom's phone started vibrating. He pulled it out of his jacket pocket and checked it. "Lunch is o-over now." He said. Tord hummed and stood up. Tom stuffed his phone back in his pocket and stood up, tray in hand. He and Tord walked back inside the building.

For the rest of the school day, most things went back to normal. Tom went back to Edd and Tord went back to Matt. For the most part, Tord was relived. He liked Tom, don't get me wrong, but things were so awkward between them. It was like a bad first date. Not that Tord thought of it like a date or anything. He couldn't stop thinking about how Tom looked at him. Or when their hands touched. Tom was so polite. Tord daydreamed about him sometimed. Even during the middle of class. Which, Tord found to be pretty strange. He never daydreamed about any of his other crushes. Tom was certainly a special one.
At the end of the day, Matt caught up with Tord. "Guess what?" Matt asked. "What?" Tord replied.
"No you have to guess."
Tord groaned in frustration. "You fucked something up again?"
"No!"
Tord chuckled lightly. "What then?"
"I just scored myself a date."
"Oh really?"
"Mhm."
"With who?"
"Edd."
Tord shook his head and smiled. He pat Matt's back and pretended to wipe a tear. "My boy is all grown up." He joked. Matt laughed. "Ready to head off into the real world." Tord continued. Matt punched his arm. "Alright stop." He chuckled. Tord laughed and Matt followed after. "By the way," Matt started, "I can't walk home with you today." Tord nodded. "Let me guess-" He was cut off my Matt.
"-Now you want to guess-"
"-Shut up let me speak. Let me guess, you are walking with Edd."
"Mhm."
Tord nodded. "Go then," he said, "be free." Matt laughed. "Alright then, see ya around." He said before walking away. Tord smiled and grabbed his backpack. He turned and started to walk out the school when he heard foot steps shuffling. It sounded like they were trying to catch up with him. He stopped and turned around to see Tom with a backpack that looked almost bigger than him. (Tom's not that small btw it's an exaggeration ≖‿≖) Tom smiled. "Bonjour!" He exclaimed. Tord blushed. "H-Hey." He replied.
"I-Is it okay if I walk with you? Eh, Edd said he was gonna walk with...with Matt."
"Um, sure..?"
"Merci."
The two stood in silence again. Tom then turned and started walking off. Tord trailed behind him.
They both headed down the same path and began to talk about things. Oddly enough, Tord found out they both had a lot in common. They were both transfer students, they both spoke a different language, they both were socially awkward, and they both didn't know jack shit about Britain when they first arrived. As Tom rambled on and on about something Tord couldn't remember, he stared at Tom in awe. He was handsome to say the least. He smiled softly and blushed. Tom took notice of this and smiled. "What?" He asked. Tord blinked and looked away, blushing even more. "Nothing." Tord lied. Tom let out a soft laugh. He then stopped walking and took his backpack off. The charms jingled together and created a chiming noise. Tord stopped walking and turned to Tom. "What are you doing?" He asked. Tom held up his index finger. He then snapped one of the keychains off his backpack zipper. He stood up and put his backpack back on. Smiling, Tom handed the keychain to Tord. "Here." He said. Tord blushed and took it. "Thank you." He replied. "De rien.(You're welcome)" Tom responded. Tord smiled and looked down at the keychain in his hand. It was a small pink eiffel tower. "D-Do you like it?" Tom asked. Tord nodded. "Right. Yeah. I-I do." He answered. Tom smiled and Tord put the keychain in his pocket. "Merci. I've been to eh..lots of places and no one except you, Edd, and eh, Matt were nice to me." Tom said. "O-Oh." Tord stuttered in response.
"Have you been to eh, other places before?"
"Kind of."
"Really? W-Where?"
"Norway, my cousin's house in Germany, and here. That is basically it."
"Hm. I've been to North eh..C-Carolina? I-Is that how you say it?"
Tord nodded and Tom continued. Tom's voice started to fade out and Tord focused on his face. Every. Single. Time. Why did Tom have this effect on him? What happened to not talking to him? Tord was snapped out of his thoughts once again when Tom frowned. "I have to go now." He said. He pointed to one of the houses in the neighborhood. "That's my house." He continued. Tord smiled. "Hey that is not so far from my house." He remarked. Tom smiled.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Génial! Then I will see you in the eh, the morning?"
"Sure man."
Tom smiled. "Au revoir then. My mother is probably eh, waiting for me." He said. Tord nodded. "Bye." He replied. Tord watched as Tom walked away and into his house. He smiled and continued walking until he reached his own home.
He grabbed the key from his pocket and went inside. He greeted his mother and went upstairs. Setting his things down, Tord took the keychain out of his pocket and smiled.

You best believe he was going to cherish that forever.