Chapter 22: Preparing For the Worst.

As soon as Royce was finished speaking with Inspector Fox, he immediately put away his phone before going to his wife to "discuss some important subjects" with his Siamese Cat wife: Ashla.

Royce: "Ashla, we need to talk."

Ashla: "Is it about what or why you left the room?"

Royce: "Yes," Royce then put on a serious face, "we need to talk, it's VERY SERIOUS."

Ashla: "How serious?" Not believing her husband one bit. This was before he went to get the one thing that would should show Ashla how serious the situation was: The Truth Serum, "No. It can... she's coming here?! Now?! What about Ashloy?"

Royce: "I WILL protect my daughter even if I die myself, and now... she WILL regret messing with this family. I assure ya, Ashla!"

So Royce grabs his gear, puts on his Barioth armor and Sword, comes up with some new tools (in case Jessica Harley [or Agent Jilieus] brings some new tricks), mainly in the form of spider-webbing, web-grenades, taking (more) lessons from Ashla on Lethal and Non-lethal Combat, and some assistance from Carmelita Montoya Fox as well.

He tried to call the Cooper Gang for help, but only "The Murray" and Bentley showed up as a result. Sly Cooper wanted to have no involvement in the situation.

Royce even went as far as to call the same guy that gave him his weapons and armor and decided to order new weapons and armor as a back-up. Mainly in the form of Poison.

Bentley provided Royce with various chemicals to experiment with, rather they be sedatives, poisons, hallucinogenics, truth-drugs, and the like, including modifications to his weapons and armor.

Carmelita, whom was against the idea of Bentley providing Royce with unlawful substances, knew that this situation called for unconventional solutions where the law wouldn't be questioned. Not to mention family members being at risk. This, she took personally, just like Ashla.

"The Murray", he provided with what he always did best: muscle!