Chapter 39: Milo & Nate Come Over For Supper. Part 2.

Royce: "Seeing that the two of you will be new guests for the three of us, I will need the two of you to wait here, while I go and check up on my wife and child. Got it?" The 22-year-old looked at both Milo and Nate.

The two nod as a result.

Royce enters his house, hoping that his wife and child are both still very much alive (despite the on-going pandemic and the very real threat of zombies breaching the Forbidden Zone's territory), so he looks around his house finding no threats (dead or alive) before heading into the basement.

Royce: "Ashla? Ashloy? Are you two okay?! Yell if you're alright!"

Ashla: "ASHLOY AND I ARE GOOD!!! IS INSPECTOR FOX OKAY?!!?"

Royce: "YES! SHE'S ALRIGHT! I WANT YOU TWO TO COME UP ON TOP NOW, IT'S SAFE NOW."

Ashla: "OKAY, ASHLOY AND I WILL BE THERE IN A FEW MINUTES!!"

A Few Minutes Later...

Ashla: "Okay sweetheart, I see you're still in one piece," she begins to examine her husband for bite marks and/or open cuts from head to toe, "well you're clean. Someone missed you while you and your 'Spec-Ops' team went to go after Carmelita."

Ashloy: "DADDY!!! You okay? Where's Aunt Carmelita?"

Royce: "She's outside, waiting, with 2 other guests," Ashla looks at him with eyes of disapproval, "and don't worry, I've checked them for bites, marks, scratches, anything to indicate infection. But I will say one of them is IMMUNE to EVERYTHING."

Ashla: "Bring them in. And have Carmelita lay down oh her sofa. Recoveries are important."

Royce: "Ok. Just to warn you, Carmelita is VERY exhausted. She might need help."

Royce goes back to the front door and allows Milo and Nate into the house, but before noticing Carmelita shaking uncontrollably. Looking like she couldn't support herself. So Royce took Carmelita (who was now feeble and nearly fell again) and when she did pass out, she passed out on the couch.

Ashla: "So where are our two guests?"

Royce: "The Siamese Cat in Black here is Milo, she is here on Special Invitation and..."

Ashla: "Oh My God! It's another human!! Who saved it?"

Nate: "I'm a male, ma'am! This Cat here saved me from those uh..."

Royce: "Undead Zombified Siamese Cat Guard's..."

Milo: "My name is Milo, it is an honor to meet the Captain in person," Milo said with (contained) excitement, "my superior has told me numerous stories about you and him."

Ashla: "Is that so? Sweetheart, why is this Cat and human here? Is this some sort of discussion or invitation? Because I wasn't informed of any surprise guests."

Royce: "Yes. The two are here for greetings; one's here for a promotion for saving not one, but TWO civilians in the Forbidden Zone, and the other guy: the human, Nate, I'm introducing him to you and Ashloy. Speaking of, where is she?"

Ashla: "Her room, playing Dress-up, pretending to be you. Wanting to be a Monster Hunter. I keep telling her 'It's a dangerous job!' But she doesn't listen," Ashla explains to her husband, "I have the table made for US, but I didn't expect guests. Luckily I made extra."