Chapter 45: Family Matters, and so Does Carmelita's Ancestors... part 1

The Next Day...

Royce: "Morning Ashla." Royce tells his Siamese Cat wife as he is the first one to wake up, "you sleep well last night?"

Ashla: "I sure did. What's up?"

Royce: "Remember when I mentioned talking about having another child, or adopting one to keep Ashloy company whenever we're both gone?"

Ashla: "Yes, but sweetheart, you have to realize that it means more mouths to feed, more responsibilities, potential trouble and well... the latter. Now adoption, it's expensive, and kids are unpredictable."

Royce: "How about we just adopt one kid?"

Ashla: "Alright, ONE kid. But what species?"

Royce: "I don't know that one sweetheart."

Ashla: "I think we should ask Ashloy what she wants. Don't you?"

Royce: "She said she'd be happy with a sibling."

Ashla: "Oh."

Royce: "Do you know of any adoption centers around here, in the city?"

Ashla: "There's an institution for Troubled, Abandoned Children and Individuals."

Royce: "An orphanage? You mean there are just abandoned?"

Ashla: "Before the man before me came here, we relied on 'Orphanages' to supplement for training of Guards, or to replenish the ranks."

Royce: "YOU USED CHILD SLAVES?!"

Ashla: "Not all of them, most of them stay in their orphanages."

Royce: "Let's get going and go get Ashloy a sibling."